[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth the read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: economicsinonelesson.jpg (31KB, 429x629px) Image search: [Google]
economicsinonelesson.jpg
31KB, 429x629px
is it worth the read?
>>
No, pay one dollar to an Indian and he will read it for you.
>>
>>962555
bump
>>
Up
>>
>>962555
no it's shit
>>
>>963317
Why?
>>
>>963342
Because it's free market dogma. It's pure philosophy masquerading as economics with no time for empiricism. Study economic history, every country that did well used protectionism and state intervention not free markets.
>>
>>963353
>economic history
Any book or documentary?
>>
>>963357
If you're a beginner, start with Ha-Joon Chang.
>>
>>963353
This guy hasn't studied economic history.
>>
>>963367
>>963353
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>963353
Prove it
>>
Read
>>
>>963408
No. Clearly you haven't.
>>963602
>>963616
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_School_%28economics%29

"Free trade is unamerican" - Pat Buchanan
>>
Yes it is. It teaches you lots of common myths in economics and why they're wrong, including actual data proving them wrong.

Things such as "automation of jobs creates unemployment" and "war is good for the economy" and lots of other stupid things people spout like they are common sense are proven wrong and you'll know why they are. Amazingly useful for those wanting to understand economics and for those who want to disprove myths. Even though it was written so many decades ago it is still as useful as the day it was written.
>>
>>963353
Retard alert.
>>
I dont know
>>
Short term thinking in government when it comes to economic policy making is dangerous.

Shows this for Taxes/Inflation/Public Worksetc..

/thread.
>>
>>962555

Why would you read something written in 1946 for any other reason than to study history? Just read a modern economics book.
>>
>>964732
Things dumb people say.
>>
Yes, it will give you the fundamentals of liberal economics (libertarianism). It will free your mind of most of the economic fallacies that are around and it's explained in a very basic and easy to read way.

It's written 50 years ago but you will see the same fallacies and arguments are taught nowadays in college for example. It's the most important book if you're economic understanding is limited. I would recommend to anyone that wants to study Austrian economics.
>>
>>963353
>>963367
>>963658
>>
>>965212
>People with different opinions to me are bait waaaah
>>
>>965206
>you will see the same fallacies and arguments are taught nowadays in college for example.
> are taught nowadays in college for example.
Really?
>>
>>962573
where can i do this
>>
>>962555
definitely, but the title is a bit misleading. It should be called "One Lesson of Economics: The Most Important One That Is"
>>
>>963353
/thread
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.