[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be pretty good at writing >have ideas for niche-based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>be pretty good at writing
>have ideas for niche-based books(mostly fiction)
>write and publish one every few months and spread it around
>invest some in marketing
>live in cheap asian country from the passive bux

Rate my plan?
>>
>>962440
how do you get a visa to live and work in cheap asian countries doing this shit?
last I checked you need to fit their needs and have qualifications to move there
>>
>>962444
I was thinking just travel around and alternate between countries(Thailand, Vietnam etc) with temporary visas. May sound like a bum to /biz/ but it's honestly my ideal lifestyle, just be semi-comfortable and explore on passive income.
>>
>>962445
>Thailand, Vietnam
Lazy degenerate thinks marketing is as easy as "spend money, receive sales."
>>
It's a good plan if people actually buy your books. That's really the issue here. Most published books sell less than 250 copies, and that number is likely even lower for digital copies.

>>962444
>Laos
>having the resources to remove people staying there illegally
>>
File: Chinese Bootstraps.png (75KB, 1351x593px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Bootstraps.png
75KB, 1351x593px
Pic very related OP. It's an instructional guide explaining how to do exactly what you want to do, plus how to get a long term work visa by teaching English part time in China for 12k annually plus air fare for a plane ride home (3k, and they pay to fly you over too). Cost of living is only 6k for some good ass living, and you're tax exempt stateside up to 100k.
>>
>>962448
I got the idea when I saw some fiction novels literally written by 16 year olds with poor grammar exploding for some reason and spanning trilogies and shit. I guess it's partially luck based but I am sure I can put out something that people would read.

>>962449
Thanks, the tricky part for me is teaching, because English is not my first language and that will probably stop them from employing me, since they seek native speakers. The electronics part is interesting. Are they generally more expensive in all of Asia?(as compared to expensive ass EU lol)
>>
>>962449

Also Thailand is even better than China quality of life wise, but typically outside of China a college degree is required to teach even at the four year level, I don't know if that disqualifies you.

>>962453

Actually it doesn't disqualify you. Most universities there have a diverse cast of internationals teaching English etc. Other countries ex-pats will be your best friends while you're there.

Electronics are more expensive in all of Asia compared to the US, but I don't know about relative to Europe since Europe is a taxation and tariff minefield.
>>
>>962453
If you're white, they don't care in China.

Compared to the US, electronics are the same price in Asia more or less. I've been to three SEA countries and this is just my experience.
>>
>>962455
>I don't know if that disqualifies you.
It does unfortunately. Guess I'll stick to writing/blogging. Getting the whole thing moving is overwhelming though, I am pretty broke right now.
>>
>>962460

Nah man, you want to go to China then. Especially since they can teach you Chinese there, which is an employable skill. Annually you'll have more in your pocket than most of your European peers will manage to earn, I'm aware of how tough it is to get a job there that pays a decent salary even with a degree.
>>
>>962465
It's fucked. A lot of my friends were scraping dirt in restaurant jobs straight out of 4 years higher education, which discouraged me, so I oriented towards trades, but I am good with languages/writing and have a basic idea of online money-making so I figured I want to just fucking do something.

Out of curiosity have you done/are doing something similar?
>>
>>962475

No, I'm going into the air force, but most of my friends followed the above plan out of college because the US job market was so tight and they wanted to see the world while making money.
>>
I am doing the exact same thing. Check out the first book I just published @ https://roguelibrary.com/

It's about a group of bitcoin hedge fund managers that want to take down the financial system. Planning to move to Asia and live off the passive income, as you mentioned. Check it out and let me know what you think.
>>
>>962485
Looks nice man, how hard was it to make your page?
>>
Not too hard, outsourced the development and design to a team I worked with in the past. Took 3-4 months, another 6-7 months to write (long since it was my first effort).
>>
>>962440
>books(mostly fiction)
>write and publish one every few months

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh... Why don't you try cranking out a book in 2-3 months and tell me how well that works out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.