[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Japan's economy falls back into recession again htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>Japan's economy falls back into recession again
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34829408
>>
they need to shift exports away from anime and onaholes. weaboos don't have any money
>>
>>961810
from a MIT article - economics types may be interested:

"there are some structural reasons. Japanese consumers still consume an unusually low fraction of their income, which means that companies must correspondingly be persuaded to maintain a high investment rate if the economy is not to have too little demand. The problem is aggravated because the troubles of the banking system have restricted the flow of credit. So to push demand high enough to get the economy back to more or less full use of its capacity would require a big stimulus. Still, why not provide that stimulus?"

http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/nikkei.html
>>
>>961819
The standard answer goes like this: interest rates are already very low, so the Bank of Japan has done all it can. Meanwhile, the government has a severe fiscal problem, so it cannot increase spending or cut taxes. There is, in short, nothing to be done except pursue structural reforms and hope for an eventual turnaround. This answer sounds hard-headed and responsible. In fact, however, it is based on a completely false premise - the idea that the Bank of Japan has reached the limits of what it can do.
>>
>>961819
>>961821
yeah, that's krugman's response to everything. just print more money. nothing could go wrong :^)

what about a bond market crisis? don't be silly, anon. that would never happen in a developed country

the main structural reason is that their population is old as fuck and getting older. old people don't spend a lot of money
>>
>>961828
print more money or print more babies. they dont have any other options, if you look at the solow swan growth model they are pretty much fucked either way unless the population booms back again
>>
>>961828
>"The answer to the country's immediate problems is simple: PRINT LOTS OF MONEY. But won't that be inflationary? Well, remember that the Bank of Japan is supposed to be impotent: if it prints more money, people will simply hoard it rather than save it. But printing money is only inflationary if people spend it, and if that spending exceeds the economy's capacity to produce. You cannot first argue that monetary policy is ineffective as a way to increase demand, then reject a proposal to print more money on the grounds that it will cause inflation."

>t. Krugman
>>
Japanese millennial men have made it pretty clear that they don't have any interest in wage slavery, materialism or Japanese women (redundant)

Rate hikes and QE are not going to change that at al.
>>
File: 1430357475210.jpg (51KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1430357475210.jpg
51KB, 500x499px
>>961853
I would never live their lives but god damn I respect them. The system keeps getting shittier so they simply don't play, and the people in charge suffer for it. Same goes for women; women work and make their own money now but divorce laws and the expected actions of the male are still the same. It's gone from providership to servitude, so they simply don't date.

Bless you fat greasy bastards, I wish I had an ounce of your apathetic conviction.
>>
Perhaps some syrian refugees will kickstart the economy
>>
>>961856
>Apathetic conviction

Kek'd audibly
>>
>>961853
>no interest in wage slavery
>>
>>961853
>>961856

People in the US should wake up and follow suit. Just say no to all this corp bs here.
>>
>>961810
JAPAN ON SUDOKU WATCH!
>>
>>962039
slam
>>
>>961856
what are the divorce laws?
>>
>>961810
Negative interest rates
>>
>>961810
Per capita GDP went up oddly enough.
>>
>>963018
That's because it's per person.
>>
>>962798
Men paying alimony despite equal income, giving women more than 50%, ignoring prenuptials because the judge deems them unfair, children going to the woman without reason and men paying them in exchange for taking away their children.

Most of the above are bitching rants, but the absolute worst offense is that a man can have half his money taken away and pay alimony when the wife was the one at fault. If your wife cheats on you and then divorces you, she still gets your money.
>>
>>963024
I know but no other country does that. Hence my use of oddly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.