[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Background - Country: Australia. Age: 20. Finances: $0. Alright,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: riches_gold.jpg (99KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
riches_gold.jpg
99KB, 600x450px
Background -
Finances: $0.

Alright, so, I got an Associates degree in Computer Science only to realize (although good at it) I don't enjoy it much. Instead, going to pick up a job at a 'high-energy' sales telemarketing place. Did background checks and the company has been established and active for 15 years. It pays by 35% commission, but I feel like it'd be an environment I'm more suited to. Very charismatic, etc. I have no expenses, at all. I live very frugally (pretty much in poverty) and want out. As long as family relations remain strong I should be able to dwindle here for 5 years with no expenses. If they deteriorate, I have a network of friends who have already offered sofa surfing opportunities with, again, no expenses, not even food. After first year I'm estimating to have about $50-60k AUD to liquidize and am considering financing towards low-risk government bonds. Aiming for my first fully-paid-for house by the age of 25 - no loans, no debt. Intend on putting my website development background into action in my free time and gain some additional $$$ filling in a niche market I have in mind with advertisements.

What are your thoughts? Any and all resources on building a portfolio would be welcomed too. Would like to hit the stock market once I'm competent too.
>>
>>961077
Tldr
>>
>>961077
Learn the trade, build up capital by investing most of what you make into a mutual fund, build up your credit rating, and then open up your own telemarketing/debt collection agency.
>>
>>961077
You have no money and no job and want to buy a house in the most expensive country in the world in 5 years.

Ok mate, good luck with it.
>>
>>961082
Not good with the stresses of coordinating people or management. My strength is more-so my charisma and ability to talk my way into sales, so feel like it'd be more responsible to remain as a worker and liquidize.
>>
File: 1440834565254.gif (804KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440834565254.gif
804KB, 300x300px
oh hai guise. indulge me while i daydream on the internet.

got nothing. dreaming of something. what do you guise think?
>>
>>961105
How's this not realistic? I have absolutely no expenses. No rent, no food costs; nothing.
>>
>>961107
You're broke and unemployed.
>>
>>961107

You quite clearly will need to live in a major city if you're working for a telemarketing company. Given that the median house prices range between 600 and 800k in the major cities in Australia, all I can say is good luck.

Also, telemarketing is soul destroying. Take it from someone who worked as one during his university days.
>>
>liquidise

I don't think you know what that word means.

5 years is pretty short term. You could have a shot at the stock market (look up index ETFs and three fund portfolios, you need very little knowledge to make money from these) but really the main thing you need to do is be frugal and just save hard.
>>
>>961116
Public transport. I don't live a great deal away from the major city either.
>>
>>961116
He could live in Adelaide, Sub 300k houses <20 minutes from the CBD
>>
Do what u love op, study what u love and work hard at ur passion and save some of ur money and read and do research and invest ur money and ull be set in ur 20s and 30s if u do it right
>>
>>961120
Nah, I live in Werribee, which isn't too far from Melbourne CBD.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.