[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Robinhood General Thread] -- /rgt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 55

File: image.png (76KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 640x379px
257 KB PNG
[Robinhood General Thread] -- /rgt/

>rise of the meme stocks edition

>Stock Questions & Answers
>Stock Predictions & Forecasts
>Stock Graphs & Charts
>Stock Successes & Failures
>Stock Highlights & News

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
*Only works for US citizens right now

Candlestick App - thinkorswim
Available on iOS Android and Windows

Candlestick charting guideline:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

Twitter like chat about different symbols from non-memers:
http://stocktwits.com/

Previous thread>>957464
>>
First for losing money is better with friends
>>
Who here regrets not selling nbg for a profit and going all in on asti
>>
Nah ASTI is going down again after their earnings report. Check it on the after hours, already lost most of the gains.
>>
Where were you when meme stocks went to the moon
>>
>>960442
What happened with earnings?
>>
Just got my account accepted, any advice for a newbie to stocks, any books and stuff I should read to learn?
>>
>>960467
Intelligent investor
Security analysis
Investopedia
>>
>>960467
Buy whatever /biz/ tells you
>>
>>960473
Never thought it'd be this easy anon!
>>
>>960487
if you saw today, memes make dreams come true
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 600x399px
>>960467
BUY XOMA

It's currently rated a buy/hold. They have two investor conference presentations coming up, one next week Thursday and one December 1st so you should see fast gains. The stock is predicted to average out at around $3/share so get it while it's cheap.
>>
Still fucking waiting on banking account verification. Why the fuck does it take so long? Just keeps saying how it'll be verified in a minute.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 634x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 634x702px
XOMA ON THE RISE

after hours numbers, next week should be interesting.
>>
Is there ever a reason not to buy as soon as a company hits NASDAQ and sell shortly after? It seems like all stocks spike up 20%+ within their first couple days
>>
>>960612
I was just wondering this too actually
>>
>>960575
Why would a simple presentation up the stock price?
>>
>>960583
Took me about month
>>
>>960693
Since the stock price is so low if those investors buy a fuck ton the price will go up
>>
>>960612
Ferrari went public at 60/per share and the price immediately crashed
>>
>>960612
Avoid IPO's unless you're on margin and then sometimes even then. They're often overvalued and by the time you can make a swing trade work for you, no one wants it at that price anymore. Or if you hold, you're holding a 60 dollar stock that the market is quickly deciding is only worth 40. I see this all the time. Best to wait until it becomes what it's going to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 623x909px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 623x909px
>>960702
I noticed that too. I tried to buy some the other day but the "buy" button doesn't show up under the chart, pic related. Anyone else getting this?
>>
So sell on ASTI or hang on?
>>
>>960819
YES i have also noticed this

confirmed there is no buy button for me on RACE either

at first I thought maybe its because i dont have enough buying power in my account to even afford one share
but when I look at GOOG there is a buy button despite not having enough buying power for one. so that aint it.
>>
It's probably because it just went public, Robinhood free-ness can't afford it right away check monday
>>
File: steve-boyd-9.jpg (61KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
steve-boyd-9.jpg
61KB, 500x347px
I feel stupid for asking this, but what is stopping me from buying x amount of shares with a company I know will at least go up a little bit, then sell it all a few days later, and buy more in another stock that is worth a little more with what I had + what I earned in profit, then continuing to go to bigger stocks (and bigger returns)?
>>
>>961031
Nothing
>>
>>960831
It already dropped to .17 after hours so it looks like its going to drop Monday. I'm personally going to hold onto it though hoping meme magic 2 electric boogaloo will happen during the military thing in December. I bought at .12 and I don't think it'll reach that low between now and then so I'm going to risk making like $5 less profit on the chance we go to the moon with ASTI come December.
>>
>>961041
nothing
>>
File: Steve Boyd.jpg (97KB, 495x672px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Boyd.jpg
97KB, 495x672px
>>961045
so why isn't everyone doing it? am I missing something? is that not as efficient as waiting for your stocks to be worth something?
>>
>>961050
Because it isn't that easy kek
>>
>>961050
If you have like a million dollars, then sure, you'll see a decent amount of money roll in from it.
Otherwise, you're looking at a few pennies per trade. Unless you want to be risky, in which case you're looking at all your money gone
>>
>>961054
Say I start with like $200, bought as much XOMA at $1.18 (Oct29), I buy 169 shares of it. Few days later it goes to $1.85(Nov3), you sell all stocks, getting back $313, move on to a stock that's worth more, and do the same thing. Seems easy, what am I missing? I am still waiting for my transfer to go through and I've never done this before...
>>
>>961063
That you don't know the future.
>>
>>960467
Buy RXii and XGTI nigga
>>
>>961065
well obviously if the share never goes above what you bought it at you'd lose money, but robinhood doesn't charge for trading so you do it any time the stock goes up a little, you never really lose money, especially if you play it safe and collect the profit and do the same thing in a second stock. it's less likely for both to go to complete shit, but as long as it goes up and down you'd still be making profit, right?
>>
>>961063
Can you post the trades you make here so we can jump on board since you seem to believe you can predict the future?
>>
>>961072
what I mean is that is an example from a small jump in XOMA. as long as you arent waiting for a huge raise, and you are constantly trading as it goes up, then splitting into multiple stocks, your chances of failing get less, sure it takes more patience but it seems like a safer way
>>
File: 1309461160612.jpg (49KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1309461160612.jpg
49KB, 378x378px
>>961063
>Why aren't you retards just picking stocks you know are going to gain 60% in a few days? Its easy!
>>
I'm a lurker here, but I've never thought about investing in single stocks before since Buffett said that people who day-trade/don't invest in mutual funds are more than likely going to lose all of their investment.

What's the truth about this?
>>
>>961084
well say you make a goal to meet a certain percentage (even if it's low) before selling despite how long it takes for it to meet that percentage.
and split it up between 3-4 different stocks

I feel stupid now, it's probably exactly how everyone does it right?

I think I get the catch though, a lot of these stocks are hit and miss, even if they are high, they may never recover am I right?
>>
>>961087
For the most part, he's right. But we're mostly just gambling on meme stocks and shit posting together with small amounts of money we don't really care about loosing. You have to be a total idiot to loose all your money though.
>>
>>961094
oh so that's where the long term goes in..
say I have $200, split it between 4 stocks, $50 each, each with it's own goal, say 50% more than what you bought it for, and sell if they do, otherwise just leave the shares alone and hope they raise someday right?

thank you all for helping the special needs kid learn to penystock
>>
>>961098
You should probably just not invest in penny stocks if you actually want to keep that money
>>
>>961041
thats what we're all trying to do here
>>
bought xoma at like 1.30 probably going to buy some more on monday if its in the 1.30's again.
bought some pbr at 4.50 and vale for 3.99 as well waiting them to bounce back

also grabbed avxl but didnt sell for gains because i got greedy and then it dropped on friday by like 15%... anyone know why and do you think it will recover?
>>
File: IMG_0850.png (185KB, 746x1325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0850.png
185KB, 746x1325px
This whole stock trading better not be a big meme
>>
If you haven't gone all in on Rxii right now you are so keked I feel bad for you
>>
>>961277
why? didn't their earnings report already come out? they've been stuck in the 40s for a long time only fluctuating a few cents every hour
>>
File: thankmelater.jpg (108KB, 1088x601px) Image search: [Google]
thankmelater.jpg
108KB, 1088x601px
>>
>>960863
Found it. It's because there are very limited shares available. Even if you could place an order it would never fulfill because people are not selling.
>>
>>960863
>>961338
Cancel that, here's why you can't buy RACE

"We do not yet support foreign domiciled securities, but we hope to in the future. Apologies for the inconvenience."
>>
File: ah.jpg (59KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
59KB, 800x505px
>>961300
checked.

memes fulfill dreams

i'm in
>>
>>961031
>>961045
see
>>961340
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 750x422px
>>961341
>checked

Reported
>>
>>961343
reported for announcing a report
>>
So much shitposting on here...

When is the S&P 500 going to bounce back? Or is this volatility going to continue into the next year?
>>
>still waiting for bank account verification
At this rate I'll never be able to trade meme stocks

>Wal-Mart still going down
>4-6$ to go until buying the shit out of it
>>
>>961348
Everyone is just worried about the rate hikes for now. It'll bounce back.
>>
File: 1428709747156.jpg (241KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1428709747156.jpg
241KB, 980x1306px
>>961340
thanks m8
>>
>>961368
Don't. WalMart's problems are the same as Target's and Macy's, and the same reason why Amazon went to the moon: retail is dying.

It all started exactly 1 year from now when, for the first time, black friday didn't do shit. It's expected to do even less this year as the average person has even less spending power and the online vendors offer even more free shipping and equal discounts. It doesn't them that the news covers the fact that black friday kills people.

Retail stores aren't on the dip, they're on their way to the grave.
>>
>>961408
Interesting thoughts
>>
>>961400
>>961408

Hm yeah. I think the fed and the recent happenings in Europe will shake up the FTSE and the S&P even more.

I am thinking of buying more of a S&P 500 index from Vanguard but it seems like dropping like a brick so I am not sure when to actually buy in.

Going to do some technical analysis research in general as I want to have a good guess when a stock is actually at the bottom or it will continue dropping. Probably such thought must be common in most investors.
>>
>>961408
Why does the average person have less pending power now than before?
>>
File: 1438663431529.jpg (159KB, 621x381px) Image search: [Google]
1438663431529.jpg
159KB, 621x381px
>>961446
Wage stagnation is an actual thing. Inflation keeps rising, prices go up ever so slightly, people still get paid the same amount. This doesn't have an effect for a while; I'm not going to deny myself something just because it costs $10 more, but over the course of 15 years of wage stagnation it's finally taking its toll. Shitty laptops and acceptable TVs cost less now, sure, but basic needs like food, gas, rent (fucking especially rent) are noticeably more expensive now than they were 15 years ago, but the average entry level position still pays 40k-50k just like it did back then. Combine this with massive student loans for most people between the ages of 20-30 and you've got a population that owes more and effectively makes less.

Is it possible to avoid debt in college and get a good paying job? Of course it is. Do the vast majority achieve this? No they do not. Massive retailers are markets for the vast majority.
>>
>>961437
>>961444
>>961446
I should point out, however, that Macy's real estate value alone puts it at $50. It's a fucking steal at $38 right now even if it goes belly up and gets bought out.

The company model may be doomed, but its assets are undervalued. I'm buying in on either Monday or Friday. It's a gamble whether the backlash of the Paris attack will drop it lower before the investing population realizes that Macy's is undervalued.
>>
>>961460

Not really in this conversation about retail but I am curious how do you know when a stock is going to continue dropping or will begin bouncing back.

I mean you can't know for certain but you can have a good guess.

I will place a limit buy for VUSA, not sure which price I should go with but thinking around £25
>>
>>961300
It already peaked... twice. The chances of a third are pretty unlikely
>>
>>961287
Yeah it came out Thursday night they beat last years forecast and have a large sum of moneys
>>
Just stumbled on this thread a few minutes ago. I used to use plus500 but cashed out after their free 5 euro turned into 60. Does this thing have any actual companies on it or is it just shitty stocks? Also what's the margin call like? I remember getting hundreds of texts off plus500 when a stock was dipping.
>>
>>961087

Very likely given machine trading. If you must trade its best to hold for longer periods.
>>
>>961087
Started off trading on a free to use online brokerage that gave you a free start up. All I used was technical analysis and I managed to get a bit of profit. The best thing is to no be greedy and know when to get out. This should really only be a hobby as this is actually really stressful if you're using a lot of money.
>>
>>961502

Clinical trial results caused the peaks. It's still ongoing
>>
>>961460
Keep in mind of the realestate bubble that's going on right now.

Macy's underlining realestate may be worth 21 billion dollars in 2015 but could be worth 8 billion in 2016 after that bubble pops the fuck out
>>
>>961408
Wouldn't Wal-Mart's physical assets be worth more than just about anyone else's? I can see a future where half of those stores become data and distribution centers for home delivery, if they're smart about it. Which you'd have to imagine they would be, given what's at stake and also that they're Wal-Mart.
>>
>>961571
>real estate bubble popping in 2016
I live in east-central MA and will have my 50k down payment ready in March 2017, don't fucking tease me like that.
>>
>>961813
My god it'll actually take until March 2018...Fuck.
>>
is there a canadian equivalent for robinhood?
>>
>>961813
>>961865
I'm not teasing you, anon. You should be careful :(
>>
>>961876
Nah mate that'd be the greatest thing to ever happen to me. If I could keep my job and the housing prices drop by 20%, they'd drop by 40% here. People are buying houses 20% OVER asking price instead of under, once the bubble pops I could get a well maintaned house that will last for 200k instead of getting a broken down home on less than a quarter acre for 250k. Crashes tend to last 2 years so a 2016 crash would be so god damn ideal for my timeline.
>>
File: jessica__27_.jpg (1MB, 1148x1500px) Image search: [Google]
jessica__27_.jpg
1MB, 1148x1500px
Who /reload asti/ tomorrow?
>>
I might just skip this week boys. or atleast wait till later into the week.

Any lookers you've got your eye on for tomorrow?
>>
>>961892
well then you're in luck senpai because this next crash is going to be worse than the great depression

Fuck 2 years, lets shoot for 20
>>
>>961939
id tell you but no one ever responds to my posts
>>
File: 1373008254195.jpg (264KB, 819x614px) Image search: [Google]
1373008254195.jpg
264KB, 819x614px
>>962047
Talk to me m8
>>
File: xHxxi.jpg (87KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
xHxxi.jpg
87KB, 500x281px
>>961899

I've never really liked the look of sica, she's hit and miss.

I like more average korean gf's like tiffany and taeyeon..

>s-so a v e r a g e

>@__________@
>>
>>962060

Feelbrah went to /biz/?? Who would have guessed

Still doesn't explain the 1 year gap where he was missing though
>>
File: tfw no a v e r a g e kgf.gif (3MB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no a v e r a g e kgf.gif
3MB, 300x350px
>>961300
so you have insider info that they're coming out with more trial results?

>>962098
i'm pretty sure i saw him within the past few months. can't remember his original trip though so maybe not
>>
>>961087
Warren buffet is a fraud. He exists only to use politicians to acquire more wealth, and shit on everyone who gets in his way.
>>
File: JkLiu.jpg (27KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
JkLiu.jpg
27KB, 500x554px
>>962098

a number of reasons, I was matriculating through my masters and when my trip was banned I felt it wasn't safe to feel openly at that point in time

>>962109

there are people feeling the same feels but my trip is !!RFSYL5U5cqM, it's cool bc I can relate, I only don't like it when they aren't genuine feels for average korean gf's #_________#

h-have you guys seen this??https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsxAUyVet8A

>she may not be quite average but she is very a e g y o @__________@
>>
>>962161
>!!RFSYL5U5cqM
it is you! did you ever get /fit/?
http://4chandata.org/fit/Tripfags-get-in-here-Let039s-update-the-list-with-your-pictures-Also-does-someone-have-a-bigger-version-of-this-picture-a521779
>>
>>962156
Give me on example of this you fat bitch?
Warren took over a company with so much shit just to help out. Remember Solomn? He is the greatest business man. He doesn't have to be nice he just chooses too. I suggest you go back to collecting cans before talking about someone with wealth you cant even imagine.
>>
File: hahabusiness.jpg (32KB, 316x480px) Image search: [Google]
hahabusiness.jpg
32KB, 316x480px
What site do you guys use to monitor stocks? Let's say I have two monitors and want to dedicate one to charts like I'm an important biznissman.
>>
>>962182
Yahoo Finance
>>
>>962182
tradingview
>>
ASTI IS COMFIRMED KILL
ABANDON SHIP!!!
>>
>>962182
FINVIZ
>>
>>962272
Everyones gone already m8.. we did it
>>
>>962280
I'm still in it for the long haul.
>>
File: wWEll look at that.png (72KB, 917x754px) Image search: [Google]
wWEll look at that.png
72KB, 917x754px
Time to go bankrupt
>>
>>962294

not just yeah breh, you need to wait for the bank to transfer money over and that shit takes days.
>>
>>962303

Damn, yea I dropped 1k in for starters. Heard one of your saying we need at least 5k, pfft.

Still reading about everything, even read the app's policies for Christs sakes.
>>
>>962313
>Heard one of your saying we need at least 5k, pfft.

the whole point of robinhood is there is no minimum requirement...
>>
>>962316

I know, I'm talking about investing.
>>
File: justdoit.jpg (80KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
justdoit.jpg
80KB, 640x496px
Who here /swingtrade/?
ADAT is at a good price right now should bounce back up within the week. Still on the fence about XGTI, anyone buying at this price?
>>
I'm dropping $10 a week on to RH. I'm going to spread it around as much as I can but essentially find my favourites and invest when they're down.

$SIRI is something that's only been going up over the last year and it's at $4.05 a share. I will buy one here and there and who knows?

Cars aren't going anywhere. Everyone needs radio. I work at a Ford dealership and the majority of the cars we have come equipped with Sirius and it's something almost every customer asks about now.
>>
File: 1395634315301.jpg (23KB, 449x298px) Image search: [Google]
1395634315301.jpg
23KB, 449x298px
>>962323
I decided to cut my XGTI loss at 150
>>
I'm back out of ASTI. If it drops down low again I'm picking it back up. A lot of it. .12-.13 is where I'm moving in.
>>
Hello. Very recently, a multitude of important NASDAQ information has been acquired relating to the lucrativeness of the listed companies. Where this information came from is not for disclosure. However, this information is valuable. Do with this information what you please. Or don't, since the stories and information posted here most comprise of artistic works of fiction and falsehood.Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

ABY
AEGR
ALNY
AMCX
AVGO
BIDU
BRCM
CDW
ESRX
GIII
GMCR
KLXI
NDAQ
ROLL
VSAR
VSEC

Do with this as you please.
>>
>>962348
this leak is 100$ legit my dad works for nasdaq and im gonna get you banned for this also theres a secret pokemon called mewthree but you gotta beat the final 4 in under 5 minutes to unlock it
>>
File: 1420867564430.jpg (99KB, 635x686px) Image search: [Google]
1420867564430.jpg
99KB, 635x686px
>>962348

tHanks for the info bro
>>
tfw all my stocks are slowly rallying
>>
>>962358
I fucking wish I knew this feel.
>>
>>962358

Ready up for that January slump
>>
going cut my very very small losses on a couple stocks and throw most of my money back in to a stock that I'm seeing a lot of room for growth.
>>
File: image.png (52KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 640x1136px
ASTI is kill?
>>
>>962420
About as kill as the last time it drooped down to $0.15
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 320x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 320x302px
XOMA
>>
>>962370
Putting it all back into ASTI huh?
>>
Is now a good time to buy into tourism because of the recent drop?
>>
>>962323
>ADAT
looks overvalued tbqhwyf
>>
Anybody on the HEAR train???
>>
What are some of the resources you use for getting stock suggestions?
Im very busy in my day job to do a lot of research on every company and I think it's better to have some resource with suggestions so that I can research on them and buy. Thanks /biz/ards
>>
I'm a NEET from pretty poor family I can't find any job, so I asked my parents and got 2000 USD from them. I want to invest this and make a living out of it for atleast 2 -3 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
>>962505
>make a living out of it
Assume you make $25k annual
You really think you're gonna turn $2k into $25k in a year? Get real bruh
>>
>>962511
I live in India and here if I gain like 1000Usd per month i can live a very happy life. I'm going to use my brothers usa bank account for robinhood
>>
>>962514
get a job faggot

stop gambling
>>
Alright /biz/, I need your help. My asshole business finance prof is having us do a stock market sim game in lieu of a final exam, and our grade is directly tied to our ending balance.

>$10000 starting cash
>No short sales
>No buying on margin
>No commission costs for trading
>Limit/Stop orders allowed
>can't have more than 10% of assets in cash for more than 48 hours.

What are my best chances to pass this bullshit class?
>>
>>962431
So, is kill or no is kill
>>
So the S&P 500 seems to be bouncing back. The FTSE also is showing signs of recovery. Think this will continue to the end of December?
>>
>I could've made $20 off ASTI but I didn't sell

It's going to the moon in December so it's ok, right?
>>
Because of the whole Paris attacks and Obama trying to get some refugees to enter the US, would it be wise to invest in guns?
>>
>>962499
I wish I wasn't
>>
>>962525
SP500 x3 etf. SPXL I believe.
>>
>>962499
Y-yeah put in $50 at $2.13. -9% so far.
>>
>>962557

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>962562

Actually I only invest in ETFs and not stocks. I am a long term value investor so not looking for quick in and out stocks, which isn't profitable either way with small capital (around $10k) and high trading fees - $9-11. Basically capital preservation with modest returns is my goal rather than much riskier strategies.
>>
>>962525

He sounds like a dumb ass. Asking students to play the market short term for their grade... might as well pull numbers out of a hat.

Best bet is to throw 90% into a S&P500 index etf and hold on to 10% cash.
>>
>>962525
NO PENNY STOCKS. Invest in something stable that hardly fluctuates. Try ASTI. But for real look up stable stocks, don't risk it.

:-p ayy lmao dayum senpai u r a qt 3.14 gurl
>>
>>962525
What's the time frame? From when to when?
>>
>>960467
Don't Panic Sell by I'm not an Idiot
Research before Purchase by I wish I was Smarter
and my personal favorite
Do you really want to put money into something you know nothing about? by Doge
>>
>>962556
alright, I'll check that.

>>962580
Agreed, but apparently he's tenured so fuck what I think.

>>962605
lol k

>>962620
from now until closing bell december 4th.
>>
what a shitty ass day (unrelated to stocks) but at least I'm looking at some decent gains
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 565x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 565x371px
>>962514
>50% ROI every month
>>
Why did all my stocks just crash. I'm $35 in the hole and it's pissing me off
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-16-14-23-17.png (108KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-16-14-23-17.png
108KB, 1080x1920px
>>962630
forgot this
>>
>>962620
>>962525
Nm, final exam for the semester, gotcha.

Off the top of my head, MYL VIAB QCOM MS and VTR. Pick up WMT after earnings and and maybe OSK too if rally continues.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 623x910px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 623x910px
>CBOE 3 month

Go baby go!
>>
>>962637
>PFIE 1 month

Go baby go!
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 627x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 627x899px
>>962642
Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 730x759px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 730x759px
is XOMA going to jump this week?

They have an investor conference this week Thursday and one December 1st. Maybe their investors will purchase a lot and drive the price up? It's currently rated a buy/hold so we'll see what happens. I got a lot riding on this!
>>
>>962343
You fucked up. They are about to take off. Their globalmed merger went through and the U.S state department just signed a contract with them ,.
>>
>>962047
then start posting constructive shit homie.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 640x1136px
Mark my words /biz/ I am riding this shit to the moon. Who wants in?
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 622x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 622x255px
>I tied up $200 for three days to make $0.55
>>
XGTI to the moon tomorrow boys
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x1136px
Hope I don't get meme'd too hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (374KB, 1426x1760px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374KB, 1426x1760px
>>962343

This guy >>962671 is right...
>>
>>962705
What website is that.
>>
File: Capture7.jpg (33KB, 490x213px) Image search: [Google]
Capture7.jpg
33KB, 490x213px
Finally some green after a bloody week.

3 ETFs and 1 UK stock
>>
I'm thinking of getting into stock trading. What is stopping everyone from investing in stocks like Apple that you know will continue to go up?
>>
>>962677
>men's wearhouse
no thanks, I'll stick with companies that don't sell garbage

>>962693
were you going to do anything better with it?

>>962697
good thing grabbed some more on the cheap
>>
>>962514
If you're lucky you'll get 7% every YEAR, not 50% every month.

Stocks do not make money; they enhance money.
>>
good time to get into PVH?
>>
>>962697
my account is being verified so I bet I won't be able to bid tomorrow and it'll be $10 a share
>>
Well boys, I'm thinking of investing some more money in to XOMA after doing some DD but after reading into XGTI I think I might have a hard choice to consider.

I highly recommend both of these stocks to look in to. I'm not telling you go out and buy them first thing tomorrow you memers.
>>
File: KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.png (25KB, 572x479px) Image search: [Google]
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.png
25KB, 572x479px
ADMIRAL MEME REPORTING IN. ASTI IS KILL. I REPEAT ASTI IS KILL. ABANDON SHIP. ALL MEMERS RELOCATE TO XOMA. OVER AND OUT

--->http://www.investing.com/analysis/xoma-corp-(xoma)-stock:-coming-catalysts-to-watch-271408
>>
>>962870
do you see XGTI recovering at all?
>>
ASTI is the perfect invest and get the fuck out stock. I love it.
>>
File: ebay.jpg (138KB, 1067x695px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.jpg
138KB, 1067x695px
BUY

EBAY

BUY

BUY BUY!!!!!
>>
all my stocks are still down. i just feel trapped waiting for them to come back up so i can get out and start trading again

i cant sell at a loss... i did it a few times recently and it just feels horrible. id rather hold the stock while it keeps plummeting i guess fuck.
>>
also i have a question about dividends

I like the way robinhood notifies you of dividend payouts.

what determines if you get a payout?
do you have to be holding for a certain amount of time?
I just got a dividend from a stock ive only held since november 3rd.
do you have to be holding the stock just at the perfect moment when the company pays out? What stops you from just buying a stock right before they pay dividends? is that classified information, insider trading?
>>
>>962994
You just have to hold the stock before the ex-dividend date and after the dividend is announced
>>
>>962994
Dividends don't come from fairy dust. The stock drops by approximately the same amount as the dividend pays.
>>
Did we all get CUKED by the Wall Street journal and zaks when they said Rxii was going to go up to $3
>>
>>962756
Kill my mother and fuck my father
>>
>>963069
Well ain't that a bitch
>>
File: 8lOIUr3.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
8lOIUr3.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>962952
He's right you know
>>
>>963071
Just put in an order for 75... lol
>>
>>962525
Amazon, google, Exxon, Apple, MetLife, Toyota. My strategy would be to invest in companies like this, companies that have enough money to name NFL stadiums.
>>
>>962710
Google.com
XGTI stock analysis
First result
>>
>>962729
Not really, I can't decide what to invest in. Waiting for DWTI to come back down so I can jump on that train...
>>
>>963255
same. disappointed I sold at 105
>>
>>963261
No shit man me too, sold at $110 this time. Fuuuck it went high, $140 DAYM son.
>>
>>962699
No I have $500 to play with, just had $200 buying power at the moment and couldn't decide what to invest in. Waiting for DWTI to drop back down
>>
Invest in Mesoblast.
>>
>>963307

Already did
>>
>>963323

Now develop the patience of a saint for the next five years
>>
Meme stocks fucking me nice and dirty

XOMA
ASTI
HEAR

I must sudoku to salvage sacred honor
>>
So are any of you actually making money from this? Serious question.
>>
>>963410
On non meme stocks yes
>>
>>963412
Have you ever thought about buying an actual business or starting like a small website that resells some sand nigger's services and then using your augmented western paycheck to get customers via advertising channels. Seems to me that you could make several K a month mostly on auto pilot which I'm guessing would make far more than gambling on market movements.
>>
>>963414
No I've never thought about it because I have a great job that allows me to dump 10k into RH without batting an eye
>>
So with the good news with the bailout, will NBG stop smoking dick like it's going out of style?
>>
>>963422
What good news
>>
>>963422
Get out of NBG sooner rather than later. It's going nowhere and is only going to hurt
>>
>>963426
Well they had reached agreements with the investors about the foreclosure stuff, but now there's talk about a reverse split, so everyone is probably selling to buy it back at .3 later
>>
>>963148
You're making a big mistake. Rxii isn't going anywhere
>>
>>963422
M8 nbg is going to hades
>>
How long do stop loss orders last?
>>
I initiated a bank transfer on the 11th and it still hasn't gone through, but my bank account had money withdrawn from the account like 3 days ago. Wtf? Anyone else having outrageous wait times?
>>
>>963445
They estimate my $10K should be in my account tomorrow.

All I can say is that it better be, ive seen many lost opportunities to make $200+ easily.

All ive got now is $100 and if I had my $10K yesterday I would have made about $300 based on what I got with my $100.
>>
>>963448
I forgot to mention that I initiated it on the 15th.
>>
>>963439
Either just till closing or till you cancel, you decided
>>
File: advice2.jpg (79KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
advice2.jpg
79KB, 407x405px
>>963448
>>
>>963455
I turned my $100 into $103.

Therefore my 10K would have netted me $300.

Thats a damn good return if I can do that once a week.
>>
XOMA GOING TO THE MOON! Up 9% so far today.
>>
Fuck this slow app, seriously I should have had my money in my account 4 days ago. At this point I'm just going to cancel the transfer honestly fuck robinhood sometimes
>>
>>963470
Ive not had any issues but give it time. You don't want money tied up in limbo.
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 750x1334px
>>963460
Careful anon, that's how people lose big. Just like me
>>
>>963469
Sell now anon
>>
>>963478
Yeah you're probably right. I'm gonna wait for it to start dropping a bit then sell. Not getting burned like ASTI again.
>>
>>963480
Ok fuck it I'm out at +10%. ty meme stocks.
>>
>>963476
Believe me I will be, ive had this $100 in for a week now to just try things out and have gained overall so I feel like that's a good trial run.

Ill see stocks I own go up 40 cent and think FUCK if only I had my $10k in.... hurry up banks and robin hood!!
>>
FUCK! I got greedy on my netflix limit order. I was counting on it dropping to 100 over the rate hike expected next month.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>963488
Care to share some knowledge?
>>
>>963496
I would buy Pandora when its hits it low today. I know it will go back to the 13's at some point and there's going to be money made.

Im sure people are just worried about pandora acquisition of Rdio.

The only thing that beguiles me is after hours trading, I feel like its fucked and shouldn't be allowed.

It could ruin me and I literally could do nothing about it, that's not fair all.
>>
Just went all in on ASTI. I'll see you guys on the moon.
>>
>>962703
Aww you lucky mother effer, bought in low
>>
>>962712
>£
Confirmed for Eurotrash
>>
>>962712
Not following how this works
>>
>>963478
DONT SELL YET

They have an investor conference Thursday, plus one December 1st. That should drive up the price, like HEAR when they had their call.
>>
>>963512
Fuck yea quick profit that is what I like. Ty memes.
>>
>>963520
book cost is how much he paid

market value is how much its worth today if he sold it
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x1136px
Come on ATVI I know your going to the moon any day now.
>>
File: kit_fisto.jpg (14KB, 204x300px) Image search: [Google]
kit_fisto.jpg
14KB, 204x300px
Anybody going to get in on valeant? More bad news keeps coming out but I still think they're undervalued.
>>
>>963539
why

their movie will flop hard
>>
>>963543
Once they fully incorporate KING it should rise about %20. I am hoping
>>
>>962697
XGTI ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: CCPZnoQUsAA8s6r.jpg (50KB, 473x604px) Image search: [Google]
CCPZnoQUsAA8s6r.jpg
50KB, 473x604px
oh fuck o god i fucked up
>tfw sold WMT yesterday at a loss
>tfw today it jumps 5%

FML senpai desu smdh
>>
>>963557
>selling at a loss for a 3.5% dividend yield stock

Nigger you never sell that shit at a loss, hold it until it becomes a gain.
>>
>>963560
>>961408

you... youre the same guy who told me walmart was dying
>>
File: plifycS.jpg (23KB, 552x371px) Image search: [Google]
plifycS.jpg
23KB, 552x371px
>>963565
>>
File: 1324614701001.png (20KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1324614701001.png
20KB, 241x230px
>>963568
>>963565
>>
>>960432
>www.robinhood.com
>nominated share dealing accounts
>ever
enjoy losing all the money
>>
>>963474
They just told me they could not cancel the transfer but I still do not have the money in my account. Getting pretty salty desu, I should've had it 4 days ago..
>>
>>963594
what if the money never shows up? Could be gone forever.
>>
>>963594
I waited over a month for my brokerage account to open. Had to do multiple applications as I was trying to get in on special promotional offer, so much stupid god damn paper work to file over and over and mail across the country.

You don't know true pain.

Btw I'm going in 3000 shares ASTI, 1500 shares XGTI.
>>
>>963594
It might turn into one of those deals where the bank says "call robinhood" and robinhood says "call your bank" lol....
>>
>>962525
These things are straight retarded. Kid who won in my year just put all his money into Tesla, forgot about the game, and ended up with enough money to cancel the US national debt.
>>
Any way of getting this if you're not a burger?
>>
>>963474
Well what the fuck, I guess I'll wait until the end of this week to see if they give it to me. I'm pretty angry just because I can't spend the money if I need to and I can't use it to trade stocks. It's like they're holding it and not giving it to me those fuccbois
>>
>>963645
Right as I posted this I got an email from support that my money had been transferred. About time damn
>>
>>963645
Yeah thats weird, my friend just got his 10k he deposited last sunday so something must be going on with your deposit.
>>
>>963647
>anime poster
>>
>>963662
Time to get a call from HR and lose my job
Thanks anon
>>
>SUNE
I hope you guys didn't buy in when it looked great at 7

I did
>>
My friend just bought $10K worth of netflix stock at 116.42.

did he do good?

Im still waiting on my $10K.
>>
>>963668
No but I bought AVXL and sold for a 25% loss.. I had one opportunity to sell for profits but I let it pass up.

I've learnt a lot of things from trading only a month on robinhood..
>>
>>963670
If he would of bought XOMA at its low today and sold at its high on thursday im sure he wouldve done better (at least short term)
>>
>>963676
No, thats all he has.

Well, I hope he does well...
>>
>>963674
over the line
>>
>>963682
Well, he just wanted to try his hand in the stock market as a day trader so he got one of those 0% APR balance transfer checks and deposited 10K in his bank account. so he wont be interested in bonds.

The fee for the BT check was 3% so he already $300 behind in that sense.

Maybe ill tell him to just stop playing with fire.
>>
File: advice4.jpg (84KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
advice4.jpg
84KB, 407x405px
>>963678
>>
>>963703
He literally did buy high at 116.70 and is freaking out at it being in the 115 ranger ever since.

Hes really considering selling at a loss because of how scared he is.
>>
>>963706
tell him to relax

netflix is going to be fine
>>
File: 1368042600136.png (8KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1368042600136.png
8KB, 429x410px
>>963706
Agreed with >>963708
>>
>>963670
He bought at a tempting high, but it's not a good idea. Netflix will grow but he bought at a bad time. I guarantee you it will drop because people on Wall Street, for some reason, constantly under-value it as a stock. They look at it and go, "Weelllll I don't know...", despite how much it's grown in the past year.

And I hope you idiots sold SUNE because it's barely holding together.
>>
>>963706
>>963708
>>963718
NETFLIX INVESTIGATION FOR INSIDER TRADING AND FORGED EARNINGS REPORTS FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS ANNOUNCED!!! STOCK PLUMMETS TO $23 A SHARE AND STILL DROPPING!
>>
>>963706
Tell him to hold for now and that if it's his first trade it's normal for him to panic when he starts seeing he's losing money. This is a good lesson, tell him not to be a dumbass and diversify his portfolio next time. Still a relatively safe stock though
>>
Well lads, I got out of ASTI with a small profit. I don't know, memes aside, this stock seems like bad news. They're probably not going to get the military contract, still operating at a loss, they're diluting shares, reverse split incoming, threat of delisting, etc. But I still kinda want to jump in again on the dip tomorrow because of memes.
>>
>>963725
>Wall Street, for some reason, constantly under-value it as a stock

are you kidding

look at NFLX P/E ratio
>>
>>963546
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/11/11/did-activision-blizzard-inc-overpay-for-king-digit.aspx
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 552x414px
>>963476
Every time
>>
File: image.png (173KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173KB, 750x1334px
Idk guys, my stocks have been heading to the dumps lately so I think I'm gonna stop for a while. I can't keep putting money into shitty stocks, and I can't afford the good stocks. So I think I'm just gonna wait until my shotty stocks break even
>>
>>963590
does anyone know what this guy is talking about
>>
>>963790
Shit son I've spent more than that on a pizza.
>>
>>963790
>can't afford good stocks

Nigga yes you can, you just gotta find them.
First of all, what do you know a lot about? What is the industry that runs that? Invest in that industry. since you already know about it you'll be able to search for more obscure comapnies.

For example, I like viydja. I invested in ATVI (Activision-Blizzard) at $29. It's now almost $40 (though only at 3 stocks and I'm wondering if I should buy in more)
>>
>>963842
>tfw no animu stock to invest in
>>
>>963434
you are literally retarded if you think that. They just signed a merger with globalmed and the U.S state department picked up a contract with them. My sources tell me by the 19th it will rise to above the $1.00 mark
>>
>>963879
My sources tell me your sources suck a big fat dick.
>>
File: Capture.png (376KB, 1052x749px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
376KB, 1052x749px
>>962939
>ebay

Now why would I want to do that shit?
>>
>>963416

LMAO
>>
>>963820
It started out at $95 dollars
>>
>>963842
I literally can't. When I started investing I just took $20 from each pay check I got and then I invested it. I started off great but the returns weren't all significant enough, so I went for the pennies and now they are eating my wallet
>>
>>963879
How reliable is your source, is there a way I could fact check him. I have 103 shares of that stock and I need to know when things will start looking up
>>
I asked this in another thread but I'll probably get a quicker reply here.

What is the appeal of penny stocks? Is it the volatile gains that could be made when you dump a large sum of cash into one? For example:

>ASTI stock was at .12 a few days ago
>With $5000 = 41666 Shares
>Two days later ASTI shoots up to .20
>Sell 41666 shares at .20 = $8333

Thats $3333 profit.

Is there anything here I'm missing?
>>
>>964304
The part where it doesn't shoot up to .20 in two days. But yeah that's it basically. No one buys $5000 worth at a time though. Or shouldn't.
>>
>>964304
yes that's the appeal. if your GOOG goes up by $1, you made fucking nothing. if your ASTI goes up by $1, you just made thousands
>>
File: IMG_0865.png (741KB, 746x1325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.png
741KB, 746x1325px
>>964304
>>964318
>>964323

This just made me hard
>>
>>964325
Welcome, friend. Remember:

"Meme stocks make dreams unlock" -Warren Buffet
>>
>>961050
No one can predict the future.

You say you "know" it will go up but unless you have insider information (which is illegal), no one will truly "know".
>>
>>964323
>>964318
Okay, now I'm getting an urge to dump a ton of cash into ASTI and pull it out if/once its considerably higher. Like a 20% - 25%.

Why shouldn't I do this. I feel like I'm playing with fire.
>>
File: Woof.png (110KB, 703x575px) Image search: [Google]
Woof.png
110KB, 703x575px
>>964328

Thanks

I look forward to my Buffetbux.
>>
>>964335
do it faggot
>>
>>961041
that's what i've been doing. I've made 23.25% profit over two months so far.
>>
what do you guys think about managed fund accounts? thinking about setting one up myself cause I know fuck all about investing in stocks and I'm too much of a poorfag to set up a foreign exchange account which I actually understand a bit better
>>
>>964399

Basically you're handing your money over to someone else to do with it as he pleases. Why not do some research and learn more about investing instead?
>>
>>964403
Because he wouldnt have his position if he wasnt much more capable than I, and would be better at making decisions... I only have 1 or 2G to play around with so it just seems like a better alternative to letting it sit in savings, is it really worth learning about investment when you only have baby money to play around with?
>>
Any brokerages off the top of your head that short?
>>
This isn't dead though
>>
just bought into ASTI, how fucked is this boat?
>>
>>964777
lube up bro
>>
Is it a good high-risk investment strategy to pretty much go to the list of top loser for a given month or week (stocks that have most 10-50% of their value), find a few that seem to, according to news reports and stuff, be getting their shit together or are coning out with new products/services soon, and buy a few shares of all of them? That's what I'm doing. I have 300$ and I'm looking at the loser lists right now. This is money I can def afford to lose (I put twice this much in my savings every week) but I'm still sweating bullets, anons. Comfort me?
>>
>>965035
It's just money. No one dies from 300$. Have fun learning, and remember to learn as much as you can.
>>
Faroe Patroleum to the moon
>>
>>966940

wtf is FPP+?

.04 is looking nice
>>
>>966945
FPM
>>
Should I go all in on xoma? Or has that ship sailed already?
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.