[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why aren't we doing this yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: c.png (159KB, 882x1138px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
159KB, 882x1138px
http://blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/08/cobalt-group-2017-cobalt-strikes-back.html

>Of the companies targeted by Cobalt in phishing mailings, around 75 percent are in the financial sector. Most of these financial companies are banks (90%), but others include financial exchanges, investment funds, and lenders. This widening range of targets suggests that attacks on diverse companies with major financial flows are underway. This concurs with the forecast made by the FinCERT of the Russian Central Bank, which predicted increased interest by cybercriminals in financial exchanges in 2017.

>By attacking a financial exchange, the Cobalt group can "pump" or "dump" stocks, incentivizing purchase or sale of shares in certain companies in a way that causes rapid fluctuations in share price. Stock manipulation can affect not just the welfare of a single company, but the economy of entire countries. These methods were employed by the Corkow group in their 2016 attack on Russia's Energobank, which caused a 15-percent change in the exchange rate of the ruble and caused bank losses of RUB 244 million (over USD 4 million).

is this the REAL way to make money? Not fucking buying meme coins?
>>
>>3005801
Sure, until Interpol nails your ass.
>>
>>3005820
None of these people have been caught.
>>
Of course. Scamming, hacking, theft are the best ways to make money. Sadly you'll get arrested pretty quickly. I did think of doing spear phishing for bittrex accounts and stuff but never tried because I don't want to go to prison.

If you're willing to risk prison, go ahead and take the illegal route. You'll get a lot of easy money.
>>
>>3005829
Better to get assfucked in prison for a couple years by Tyrone(worst case scenario, most of the time these people aren't even caught or only get probation) than A LIFETIME OF WAGEKEKING
>>
>>3005841
No. Hacking, money laundering, fraud etc all carry 20+ years.
>>
>>3005881
[citation needed]

Literally no one gets those punishments. There was literally a story of a Russian guy in NYC who cash almost $1 milllion worth of false tax refunds and hacked brokerage accounts and he got 3 years.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.