[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25, I live in Melbourne. I've fucked around a bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1498899569650.jpg (109KB, 523x586px) Image search: [Google]
1498899569650.jpg
109KB, 523x586px
I'm 25, I live in Melbourne. I've fucked around a bit but I'm serious now and I want to go to university. I know I don't have to, but I do well in that kind of environment and I also just want to go through that particular social experience.

Is it a meme to study 'business?' Would it be a waste of time to get a business degree. I guess I would do something like accounting, econ/finance, or stats. I know you could study anything and end up with some type of career eventually, but I'm starting much later than most people and I don't have all of my early twenties left to fuck around and figure out what to do with the three years of specialized tuition I just received, so I need to aim for something that I could still build a career out of as a 28 year old uni graduate.

Thanks my friends
>>
>is it a meme to study business

Kind of. The largest benefit of doing a business degree at university is networking and getting the piece of paper for your resume (especially for prestigious unis).

If you're doing just to learn more about the subject of business, I would say save the money and read some books. But by all means, go do a degree in accounting or economics or finance or stats, all very useful subjects for business, complex enough to warrant the money/time expense of a degree. The university experience is worth doing too.
>>
Also, you can always do an MBA after your bachelors if you really wanted to. Definitely do something "harder" for your bachelors though.
>>
>>3005292
What do you actually want to do for a job? That will help you decide on which course you go for. Hell you may decide you want to do marketing or Supply Chain Management.

>protip look for "CSP" courses, that means the Commonwealth Government subsidies your studies. Less HECS
>>
>>3005364
>>3005384
Thanks for the advice. I think I know what you mean. I do want the uni experience, but also know that I'm too old to go to uni solely for the experience and get a frivolous arts degree. I think certain business subjects are interesting enough to me that I could really focus on them.

>>3005465
I would basically like to end up with a degree with which I could start any kind of upwardly mobile supportive career, something that's not a simple admin job and will progressively pay better as I get more experience. The other reason that I want to study business is that my father runs a small business which has grown a lot in the past few years. I don't know totally what his plans are, but it would be good to know that there is the option to run it with some competence, instead of him just selling it off.
>>
>>3005552
You got to be more specific, do you want to take over your dad's bussiness or not?

If not, then don't just say "not a simple admin job" you got to pick a field that actually interests you. Remember, the same jobs exist across multiple industries. The reason I'm saying this is you don't want to go into Uni, spend 3 years and come out the other side still unsure of what you want to do and what the fuck you spent 3 years of your life on.

Narrow down something that, even if it's not your passion in life, is something that's interesting enough to you that you could do it everyday.
>>
File: 1501384138774.gif (3MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501384138774.gif
3MB, 352x240px
>>3005292

Jed, you just have to pick something that interests you or you're never going to have the motivation to complete it or at least do it well.

Are you really thinking of staying in the dong and running the business forever?
>>
Who is pictured in OP?
Just curious..
>>
>>3005673
jordan peterson
>>
>>3005658
My name is Hyo-Bok.
Definitely going to Melbourne, but not sure where I will head after uni.
>>
>>3005673
jordan poetersion alkt right professor/grifter
>>
>>3005719
>>3005744
Thank you ยค
>>
File: BIZ - BUSINESS OLNY.png (177KB, 1239x869px) Image search: [Google]
BIZ - BUSINESS OLNY.png
177KB, 1239x869px
>>3005738

>>
>>3005738
You know Monash has the higher ranked MBA program... just saying...

>t. arts Post-Grad from Melbourne
>>
>>3005861
By Melbourne, I meant studying in Melbourne, not necessarily Melb uni.
I was thinking of RMIT, but don't know what it's like. Might try to go to the open day this Sunday.
>>
File: 1500555480212.jpg (93KB, 767x591px) Image search: [Google]
1500555480212.jpg
93KB, 767x591px
>>3005815
>>
>>3005815
>>3005658
Also, you guys need to call and say happy birthday to dad
>>
File: 1497805587254.jpg (96KB, 811x567px) Image search: [Google]
1497805587254.jpg
96KB, 811x567px
>>3006088

happy birthday dad

there, now it's immortalized on the archives forever.
>>
>>3005292
fucking kek, literelly just watched a debate of a "gender neutral" person arguing and confusing a large group of people. the title pic is so perfect.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.