[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get both BCC and keep my BTC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1458095717079.png (566KB, 600x854px) Image search: [Google]
1458095717079.png
566KB, 600x854px
HALP.

My BTC is spread on 5 different exchanges, CB, Gemini, BIttrex etc. Which exchange gives us BCC after 8/1? Or which hardwallet I should use if no exchanges do the BCC thing?
>>
just download electrum and withdraw it to your desktop wallet you dumb pos, most exchanges won't give you BCC
>>
>>2884868
Electrum is the most well established light-wallet (no need to download the blockchain, decentralized electrum nodes -which anyone can run- have it for you, and let your client query just the part it needs)
it also gives you perfect control over your private keys, so whatever happens (be it BCC and/or whatever other new chains) you'll be able to access your funds on them if you keep your coins in an address generated with Electrum on Aug1
>>
>>2884880
this

fucking nocoiners lmao
>>
>>2884868

As long as you have your private keys it should work out.

Don't leave it on any exchanges.
>>
>>2884896
what the fuck?

what have I been downloading bitcoin core for the last 3 days for then?
>>
>>2885047
>Y QQ
bitcoin core downloads the whole chain, it's more private

with electrum a node you query from will know what data interests you, likely know your address even if you just want to check your balance

with bitcoin core, nobody outside your computer even knows the address you're interested in UNTIL you actually make an OUTGOING transaction

bitcoin core also has 316345345 more developer hours invested in it, so is probably more reliable

but electrum is still very good, open source, and if you don't want to wait several days / waste all that HDD space to download the blockchain, it is an almost perfect client
>>
Any other good paper wallet? I have a ledger nano S, haven't touched it.

How about breadwallet?

I am terrified that some of these privately owned websites just give you a provate key that makes you send money to their wallet.
>>
>>2885106
if you just download that paper wallet generator webpage on a pendrive, then run and print it from an offline computer it should be pretty safe (unless the printer has some cache-memory)
>>
>>2885106
but why wouldnt u use ur ledger nano s if you bought it? it's very complex to go safer than that (i am actually safer than hardware wallets tho :])
>>
>>2885106
and paper wallets are definitely less safe than the ledger, and also are a lot more pain in the ass
>>
>>2885086
but...who cares if they know my address? don't they need my wallet.dat and key if they want to somehow rob me anyway?

and wont they see me send btc in anyway?
>>
>>2885211
>who cares if they know my address?

if it doesn't bother you then there's no issue with it. e.g. if you make a transaction directly from an exchange to your address, anyone who wants to know, will likely guess it's your address anyways

but still one of the primary advantages of BTC over FIAT is privacy, so people generally like keeping things as private as possible, and querying the blockchain on your own PC is as private as it can get

just pointing out why everyone isn't using light wallets like electrum
>>
>>2884930
What are private keys?
>>
>>2885211
>and wont they see me send btc in anyway?

if you invest enough work in it (and have the private keys of the addresses you're sending from), then they won't
>>
>>2885189
So Ledger Nano is safer than paper wallets?
>>
>>2885278
well, if you audit the paper-wallet generator code yourself, transfer the audited code to a computer without any kind of network access (wifi, bluetooth preferably phisically removed), run/compile the generator on that computer there, print it on a printer that also has no network capabilities, destroy both the computer and the printer after printing (in a way that makes sure data cannot be accessed, e.g. throw it in a vulcano)
THEN you make sure that no one/nothing can ever get a glimpse of the printed wallet

then your paper wallet is 100% safe.

it's just a bit complicated, and weak points are likely to arise during in the process.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.