[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trouble finding a USD/BTC/ETH exchange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: CabW8gdWEAACjB6.jpg (23KB, 748x420px) Image search: [Google]
CabW8gdWEAACjB6.jpg
23KB, 748x420px
Hi /biz/, I'm just starting to get into cryptocurrencies and am looking for the best exchange (USD->BTC/ETH) in the USA. I'm in Georgia and opened an account with Gemini, got verified, and tried to connect my USAA account with their system but received the message "this account doesn't support multifactor authentication", so I'd have to wire money from USAA to Gemini instead. Which is a huge pain in the ass.

Went looking for places where I could use PayPal to buy BTC but the mark-ups were pretty off-putting. Looked into cex.io as another exchange but read some dire reviews, and now I'm left looking at Kraken/Bitstamp/Coinbase unless there are others! Do these three have a better reputation of customer service/ease of use than the methods I've already tried? Any advice would be appreciated!
>>
Wire money. It's the best way.
>>
Could you start a BoA account or something just for crypto? I'm also in GA and just starting out, Gemini works really well and is easy when linked with a bank account, might be worth it.

Might also be a smart move to not have all your crypto and reg account linked up.
>>
Been using bitstamp for the past few weeks without a problem, but then again I'm from the UK
>>
>>2879443
Fees are a biii

>>2879448
I just opened a SunTrust account in hopes of doing just that, also the nice $200 bonus, but it's having a problem connecting with Gemini :/. Did you use the little drop down on the Gemini Dashboard and sign into your BoA account from there?

>>2879455
How do you transfer funds using Bitstamp--are you linking your bank account, wiring, card, something else?

Thanks for the responses!
>>
>>2879498
I just buy bitcoins from localbitcoins via bank transfer and send them to the exchange, haven't got round to withdrawing from an exchange though yet
>>
I'm in atl. Opened my suntrust account a few months back. Works perfectly with coinbase.
>>
>>2879513
Just checked that site out, looks solid--worried as F some dude will just take my $$ and run
>>
>>2879524
Using ST debit or bank account?
>>
>>2879538
Hooked up both. Only used debit so far. But they did call me thinking it was a fraud charge. Had to tell them it was legit. I'm assuming the wire would work too.
>>
File: G-logo.jpg (226KB, 2100x1344px) Image search: [Google]
G-logo.jpg
226KB, 2100x1344px
Also in atl. I went BofA--->coinbase---->poloniex
>>
File: georgia-tech-logo.jpg (171KB, 1350x1110px) Image search: [Google]
georgia-tech-logo.jpg
171KB, 1350x1110px
>>2879548
Sick! I might just do that, didn't expect to end up with Coinbase

>>2879558
ATL crew checking in. Another for Coinbase (and BoA). Also, see pic

Thanks anons, looks like Coinbase is the way to go for me right now. How fast was the verification process for y'all? Only took me a few hours on Gemini.
>>
File: HI.png (26KB, 184x175px) Image search: [Google]
HI.png
26KB, 184x175px
>>2879435

You've made a wise decision OP
>>
Is this a georgia thread now? I'm a fellow gt autist on coinbase but desu I'm fucking poor and only threw in $15 of bitcoin a few months ago. Also on USAA, I bought it with my debit and plan on eventually cashing out with Paypal to avoid directly linking a bank account. Currently it's worth $25, whoa. THWg and all that
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.