[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin is dying because of scalability issues right now, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Tangle.jpg (63KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
Tangle.jpg
63KB, 638x359px
Bitcoin is dying because of scalability issues right now, and the treatment is almost as bad as the disease. Scalable crypto like IOTA is going to explode on August 1st when people realize that bitcoin can never actually be used as cash. Blockchains are the betamax to IOTA's directed acyclic graph VHS.
>>
>>2808911
I don't buy my groceries with gold. Bitcoin is a store of value, not cash.
>>
>>2808922
Bitcoin has no intrinsic value like precious metals because it can't be used for anything in the real world, so then the only thing backing its valuation is the expectation of future adoption by business, but that clearly can't happen at this point since Bitcoin absolutely cannot scale. You'd be absolutely stupid not to be buying tons of IOTA right now while it's still cheap.
>>
File: 1494616338955.jpg (142KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1494616338955.jpg
142KB, 425x282px
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-10/bitcoin-risks-splintering-as-civil-war-enters-critical-month

RIP BITCOIN, LONG LIVE IOTA
>>
>bitcoin is dying
>oh wait no it's not
>>
File: Everything is 100% OK!.png (928KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is 100% OK!.png
928KB, 600x887px
>>2808997
>peak confirmation time of 42 hours
>not dying
That's a long time to wait in line at the store.
>>
>>2808955
I bought Iota and it promptly shit 70% of its value, fuck you very much. I'm not going to double down on that shit.
>>
>>2809029
I never have confirmation times very long. FUD more, faggot. nobody is gonna buy shit with iota. it's made for the "internet of things" not for storing value, retard.
>>
What is the time, in minutes/seconds, for IOTA to fully confirm a transaction?
>>
>>2809029
When you use a credit card that transaction takes months to settle. 42 hours (which itself is meaningless btw, if you pay a high enough fee you can always get into the next couple of blocks) is nothing.

Bitcoin has not slowed down. Its throughput has actually increased as blocks are more consistently full. What has changed is that there is now sufficient demand that the price of fast confirmations is higher.

Your post is like saying "nobody goes to that restaurant, it's always too full".
>>
>>2808911
IOTA is a scam at this point. There is a glaring double-spending problem, and whenever anyone points that out the lead dev insults or bans them.
>>
>>2808911
>IOTA
only DGB will explode. it solved all problems of BTC.

Buy DGB

please.

PLEASE
>>
>>2809086
However long it takes for someone else to make another transaction on the network, so it's effectively instant.

>>2809062
>>2809069
>>2809088
Salty bitcoiners cope. Your broken piece of shit can't be fixed.
>>
File: 1497829939149.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497829939149.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
>>2809093
>There is a glaring double-spending problem, and whenever anyone points that out the lead dev insults or bans them.
Post source or GTFO.
>>
>>2808986
>posting nocoiner Jewberg articles
>>
>>2809093
This
>>
>>2809094
Just bought 100k
I hope you didn't trick me anon
I trust you
>>
>>2808955
>Bitcoin has no intrinsic value like precious metals

Doesn't matter. The overwhelming majority of currencies have no intrinsic value yet have value.

>but that clearly can't happen at this point since Bitcoin absolutely cannot scale.

Lol, bitcoin absolutely can and will scale. We should see a roughly 70% capacity increase in the next two weeks, and then a total 400% capacity increase in ~3 months.

From a technical end, miners can accommodate ~8MB blocks pretty comfortably, which is a ~1600% increase with segwit. Rapidly advancing broadband speeds and falling prices will probably allow for further increases. Off-chain scaling can take it from there.
>>
>>2808911
>IOTA
how buy?
>>
>>2809246
Bitfinex
>>
>>2809285
usd wire deposits paused REEEE
>>
>>2809358
>buy ETH on another exchange
>transfer to Bitfinex
>???
>profit!
>>
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194KB, 660x393px) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194KB, 660x393px
>>2808955
The intrinsic value is unlike your useless metals, you don't get your bitcoin stolen on boders and airports by the (((police))).
>>
>>2809391
charges are too damn high m8
>>
>>2809458
Higher than doubling your initial investment in a couple days? That's how I transferred it and I'm still up.
>>
File: ln.webm (1MB, 716x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ln.webm
1MB, 716x1280px
On other news, IOTA is a scam, so are all alts.

>>2809029
Lightning Network will be used for instant free payments without the need to ruin bitcoin with huge blocksizes, not onchain transactions.

Any altcoins that claim to solve btc "problems" are a scam.
>>
Tangle is not a competitor to blockchain. Whoever thinks that is a fucking retard.
>>
You can buy iota on Australian exchange coinspot too btw.
>>
>>2808911
Holy shit this is not another pyramid coin, this has the potential of acting like BTC commodity status. If they claim zero fees, short time confirmation and offline trade.... people will actually use it for goods not just black markets selling drugs at high profits. IOTA has the potential to gain liquidity benefits without big institutions and a network of colluded exchangers like ETH.

2 questions here,

they started with 1.5 billion capmark who backed it?

whats the owning distribution of mined coins?
>>
>>2809639
Not sure why you think it isn't. It's another way to make transactions in a decentralized fashion.

Now, if someone were to say that tangle is not a competitor to blockchain because blockchain has good security and works, albeit badly, while tangle doesn't have good security and doesn't work, then I would agree.
>>
Who is incentivized to keep the network secured if there are no fees?
>>
>>2809797
>>2809935
Every time you make a transaction on the network you have to do a small proof of work. So to answer >>2809935, regular people who want to buy and sell things. It does away with the concept of mining and makes it so that the transactions secure themselves, with the incentive being instant and fee-free commerce. That's why it's so efficient.
>>
>>2808955
>Bitcoin has no intrinsic value
Neither does paper you fucking retard
>>
>>2809988
If that would work then it would have been implemented in the 90s to deal with spam email. The math doesn't work out - the cost to deter spammers is so high that legitimate users will be severely inconvenienced, even without considering that spammers will use DDOS bots. Spammers can spam illegitimate transactions to overload the verifying nodes. They would have a financial incentive to do this if they've short-sold the coin or they're heavily invested in a competitor.
>>
>>2809797
They server different purposes.
>>
>>2810051
serve*
>>
>>2810018
Every node is a verifying node you FUD'er. In order to submit a new transaction you have to verify two previous transactions, so in effect the "spammers" would in actuality be strengthening the network.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.