[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting married a good financial decision?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: marriage-06[1].jpg (105KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
marriage-06[1].jpg
105KB, 500x375px
Is getting married a good financial decision?
>>
>>2561283
Depends on who you are and who you are marrying.
>>
>>2561283
Maybe
>>
>>2561283
It can give you certain tax benefits.
And sometimes social security benefits.

But I'm sure that stuff 100% depends on where you live.
>>
Only if you marry a jungle asian or someone not born in the west. Otherwise, they will most likely take you for a ride and you will eventually be left with less than half your shit.
>>
if you want a good professional job you should be married by your mid 30s
>>
If your wife is a conservative Christian right-winger, then yes.

Source: wife is conservative Catholic right-wing capitalist who hates leftists and Muslims.
>>
>>2561314
if you have a good professional job you don't even need to work much past your mid thirties
>>
File: 1484074152867.jpg (560KB, 867x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484074152867.jpg
560KB, 867x968px
>>2561283
If you are a woman.
>>
>>2561330
My girlfriend, who I plan to propose to, is the exact same
>>
Depends. Is he rich?
>>
>>2561283
If you are asking yourself this question, then marrying that person in general is probably a very bad decision.
>>
>>2561283
getting married isnt a good decision in general unless you're mormon or islamic
>>
Marriage is equivalent to putting a double barelled with one shell in it and randomly hitting one of the triggers.
>>
>>2561314
>if you want a good professional job you should be married by your mid 30s
In Bangladesh, maybe. This is probably the most bullshit post I've seen today.
>>
>>2561387

Good choice my man.
>>
get married if you want kids. otherwise, do not get married.
>>
>>2561387
Same. But she's Baptist and in med school too.
>>
>>2561283
>is starting fires inside the building a good safety decision
>is eating 8000 calories of junk food a day a good nutrition decision
>is buying a mercedes on credit while being totally broke a good transportation decision
>>
>>2561283
So long as you get a prenup, don't have kids, and don't marry a golddigger/lazy person, yeah sounds good
>>
>>2561666
>Getting married
>Doesn't want kids
Wat?
>>
>>2561698
Doesn't marrying give tax benefits?
>>
>>2561716
Depending on where you live, kids do, too.

And if weren't for kids, I'd never get married, regardless of tax benefits
>>
>>2561283
I cant find this marriage coin on coinmarketcap.
Where is it traded?
>>
>>2561376
this
>>
Marriage is never a good investment, im long on Virginity
>>
>>2561283
Is she from the US or west EU? Then no. Get some eastern european or Russian.
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
yes

t. Just
>>
>>2561283
It doesn't matter. If you've already lived with the bitch for more than 6 months, that's common law marriage and she automatically gets half of your shit no matter what.

Think about that first before asking stupid questions.
>>
>>2561283
How many years of potential aggravation do you want to sign up for?
>t. married 13 years
>>
>>2562041
>6 months
Where in the world is it that soon? Most places it's at least a year and some other places its two years.
>>
>>2562041
That's not how it works in Texas though
>>
>>2561330
What about jews?
>>
>>2561330
Does she have a younger sister? What is the bride price in BTC?
>>
You shouldn't get married if you can barely support yourself.
>>
>>2561283
Two incomes is obviously better than one. I don't think marriage matters much (aside from divorce rape), but it's kids that really put a dent in your net worth. Two people with no kids earning a middle class income (40k to 75k) and saving 10% to 20% should be able to live fairly comfortably in most places in the US - this obviously doesn't apply to high tax liberal hell hole states like California, New York, and Massachusetts.

Best option is probably a long term gf with a good salary that doesn't care about marriage.
>>
>>2562041
>>2563720
>>2563832

That's absolutely not how it works at all, anywhere. Dude is an absolute dumbass who knows nothing about common law marriage.

> t. lawfag
>>
>>2561283
Only if you're both intelligent and emotionally sane.
Never marry idiots, idiots deserve to die lonely lonely lives without even a proper burial.
>>
>>2564454
Are you a lawfag in ever jurisdiction in the world? I dont know for sure but I have read that in some countries like Australia and Canada for example just being in a relationship with a girl for more than a year after that you cant just break up you actually have to get a divorce like if you where married. But anyway since you're a lawfag post advice on how to protect with a prenup or trusts or whatever.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.