[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

180k debt on a 90k (1st year), 100k (2nd year), 105k (3+ year)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
180k debt on a 90k (1st year), 100k (2nd year), 105k (3+ year) salary

is this payable in 10 years? would I have a relatively comfortable life during the repayment period?

pls help I am financially inept
>>
suck 18000 dicks for 10 dollars a piece divided into weekends. so, simply put, in 1040 days you only have to suck around 17 dicks per day of the weekend. If you can do that, you can live your life better off than you did before.
>>
>>1844331
you will also save a lot on food
>>
>>1844331
>>1844336
nah that's not plausible, can't get 17+ clients in one day lads
>>
>>1844339
craigslist, regulars pal. Take it up the ass for free every sixth weekend to keep them interested, maybe a stamp book
>>
>>1844339
>can't suck 17 dicks in a 12 hour workday

what kind of defeatist attitude is this
>>
>>1844346
establishing clientele is going to be difficult, plus there's the risk of stds which would deter future clients

if you want to be my manager and think we could make 200k+ together in a year, then hmu
>>
>>1844350
Ill be your pimp. Hope you enjoy rich old bankers cock. Do you want to be a trap or a hunk?
>>
>>1844354
which pays more
>>
>>1844329

How the fuck did you get almost 200k in debt and only come out with a salary of 100k?

Let me guess, you fell for the pharmacy school maymay
>>
>>1844356
optometry

typical graduate debt from most opt schools is 150k-200k lmao
>>
>>1844357
Ok, you don't actually need financial help you cuck. I now refuse to be your pimp because you actually have value. Read books nigga, teach yourself finances and go broke before thirty. Try to open your own practice after several years so that you are no longer a wage cuck and have actual assets. If the business fails, it's your fault, but generally practices have a much lower chance of going under than literally any other business. What I personally recommend is that you should have been a plastic surgeon.
>>
>>1844357

How much is your real cost of living?

If you go full hermit mode and live on basically nothing, you could realistically pay it off in three to four years.

You could throw 40k-50k at it a year and live off of whatever is left of your net.

Better to do that while you're still young than be a cuck and pay out your ass in interest for ten years.
>>
>>1844372
Yeah I figured I can be frugal as fuck and pay it off.

I make about 100k, after taxes and shit that leaves me 70k. Right now I basically eat out a lot since I'm too lazy to cook, buy myself good clothes, spend what I consider a good amount of time 'going out' and what not, rent for 1.2k. After rent/leisure spending/food/etc. I'm left with anywhere between 35k-40k. Just trying to figure out and min/max how much I should save/pay towards loans.
>>
>>1844384

You know those ballpark budgets are going to be only like 20% accurate right
>>
You'll be fine

>tfw going 550K in debt for medical degree
>>
>>1844476
how is that ballpoint? the figures I gave are very liberal amounts of spending rather than frugal living

>>1844489
medical doctors get paid way more than optometrists though
>>
You'll be fine. Don't even have to save so long as your natural inclination is modest living and not to spend all of your money on retarded shit.

I came out of law school with about as much debt and about the same salary and paid it off on time.
>>
>>1844510
>>1844510
biglaw?
>>
I want you to never buy an alcoholic drink until you pay it off.
Live humbly. Eat rice.
>>
>>1844510
yeah modest living doing something I enjoy is the goal.

it's honestly disheartening when I hear of 22 year olds getting 100k-150k/yr jobs in cali/chicago and shit but whatever
>>
This is a humblebrag thread fuck you OP

There's no way someone can be employed as an optometrist and not figure out 'durr, how to save 20k for 9 years on my huge starting salary'

Cook your own lunch & dont buy a new car you autist
>>
>>1844572
optometrists don't get paid too well considering their education
>>
>>1844329
What kind of debt and what's the interest rate?
>>
>>1844606
line of credit and a loan from a bank, 6.5% interest
>>
>>1844329
>>1844588
His point is if you are smart enough to graduate from your school you are smart enough to do basic college Algrabra to figure out interest and payments.
Are you a women? A lot of my optometrists are women and dumb as shit if I ask them ANY question outside of the script clients usually ask.
What is it with women and completely failing to have any thinking matter beyond thier job.
I'll give you a little clue, in general you should pay more now on the loan, for the first 5 years. Aussming no early payment fines and paying down the balance changes the interest on your loan. Don't use othe debt to pay loan debt.
Other then that, go read a frugal thread if you suck at budgeting. Like anon said, buy a decent used car with reasonable miles that has a high longitigty rating from consumer reports(not a fucking used jeep). Eat at home more. Don't Starbucks it every morning. I'm not going to go into it. Have a rainy day fund you pay towards every paycheck. It's not hard and tons of websites for this shit
>>
>>1844634
Assuming no rate changes and monthly compounding, repayments are about $2056/month if you pay it off at the same rate the whole time over 10 years. I don't know where you are so can't help with local taxes and expenses, but your income at those salaries you'll advance from $7500-8750/month before tax.
>>
>>1844331
The infamous "suck dick" joke. Aren't you the funniest guy around.
>>
>>1844643
Seriously this and if its too hard do some shit like financial peace university for ultra easymode
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.