[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If ideas are worthless and only execution matters, does that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: p.jpg (16KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
16KB, 400x298px
If ideas are worthless and only execution matters, does that mean I can well-execute a shit idea to make a million dollars?
>>
>>1843445
If you work hard enough, then maybe
>>
I'd say yes. But, the caveat there is that you didn't specify any time frame, which is my "get out of jail free" card.

So, even working for min wage, if properly executed, will get you to a million bucks in a non-infinite amount of time.
>>
>>1843445
>If ideas are worthless and only execution matters, does that mean I can well-execute a shit idea to make a million dollars?
Depends on what you mean by it.

If it's a ridiculously stupid idea like mass-producing coal-fuelled steam cars, then no. The best execution will not save you when you produce something that nobody wants.

If it's just a lame uninspired idea, then absolutely yes. 80+% of the economy is just lame uninspired shit. You can open just another retail chain, webshop, car mechanic or bar. And if you do it well enough and provide a high-level service at a decent price, with time it'll flourish. "Just another X, but better" is all that it takes to become a very successful entrepreneur.

There is only one rule to follow: Create utility for your customer. Doesn't matter if you do that with a brilliant stroke of genious or the most lame derivative idea ever.
>>
>>1843445
there was a guy that became a millionaire selling pink plastic flamingos, so yes, i think.
>>
>>1843525
And there was another guy (I forget his name) who made a fortune selling Tai Lopez videos online. Crazy, huh?
>>
>>1843445
>"I'm going to make a website that allows people to talk to each other and post pictures and basically try to replicate social interaction online. It will be worth billions and billions."
>"That's a pretty shitty idea, where will the money come from?"
>"Not sure yet. We're not going to sell advertising and it's a free service. We'll figure out the money later."

I would call that a shit idea but there are a few companies with almost that exact startup idea that are now worth billions.
>>
>>1843445
I have an idea for a restaurant that serves a certain kind of Italian food, it rhymes with izza. No, no, no I can't say any more here muh secret big idea. I wonder if there are other competitors. Hurr.
>>
>>1843445
YES.
For example if in 1976 I said to you "we're gonna make a movie, it's like Jaws except on a spaceship" you'd probably think I was an idiot.

Now, how many Alien sequels have there been?

The iPod Shuffle!!!
I mean nothing about this idea should work, and yet they've released four iterations of the thing!

You're idea is worthless, yes. But you can sometimes give it worth through how skillfully you execute it.
>>
>>1844340
>*your

whoops
>>
>>1843445
>I can well-execute a shit idea to make a million dollars?

thats the child entertainment for the last 2 decades
>>
>>1843445
yes I think so
I think theres plenty of shit ideas out there already making money, people are dumb fucks for the most part, as long as the execution is on par the idea can be any stupid shit
>>
>>1843445
Everyone has a whole bunch of amazing ideas.

The difficult parts come when you have to figure out solutions you problems you run into and how you implement everything.
>>
File: PetRock_Box.jpg (231KB, 938x693px) Image search: [Google]
PetRock_Box.jpg
231KB, 938x693px
Yes. Pic related. Guy made $6 million selling rocks.
>>
>>1843445

Yes absolutely.

The Pet Rock, the snuggie, and a million other fucking dumb ideas are proof positive that execution is 99% of business.
>>
>>1844637
But the fact that it worked made it not a shit idea.
>>1843445
Ideas are worthless without execution. But any idea that can be well executed is a good idea by default. The two are tied together.

>>1843445
>>
>>1843445

some shitty mobile app creators are among the richest people on this planet in the current year

this is what society has done to itself
>>
>>1844676
Then sell a rock and show us how it's a good idea.
>>
>>1843445
The actual meaning of the phrase is that ideas are cheap and not worth paying for. Anyone can be an idea man.
>>
>>1843445
A guy made hundreds of thousands selling dick shaped lollipops, snow, cow dung, and eventually leaves. It was an online store using off-the-shelf software and very good viral marketing. Started by one guy, he routinely got publicity for his businesses even though the products were just novelty shit.

Good execution is really everything. One person can have the idea to create an awesome company entire years before said product / service exists but if he executes it poorly his "first mover" advantage might as well notexist. I work in the financial industry and I see clueless nerds who could have been rich make this mistake over and over again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.