[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ apologies if this is the wrong board but i'm soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: book_guide_hero_books.png (48KB, 454x478px) Image search: [Google]
book_guide_hero_books.png
48KB, 454x478px
/biz/ apologies if this is the wrong board but i'm soon to graduate with a worthless degree, and I could really do with some direction. Should i accept my losses and learn a trade? Or really accept them and join the army? What kind of real options am i left with?
>>
Now is the time to start your own business.
>>
>>1842907
You can still get a decent job with a degree as long as it is an accredited college. Seriously start searching for a job now and you may be surprised. You spend years working on a degree but you won't spend a month or two sending out your resume or CV just to try?

Come on man believe in yourself or no one will. People get jobs all the time not related to their degree. Don't flush all that money and effort down without even trying.
>>
My friends dad is a regional manager for Target making 6 figures and has a Journalism degree
>>
>>1842921
What kind of entry level jobs should I begin looking for?
>>
>>1842935
What is your degree first and foremost?
>>
>>1842939
(((Sociology)))
>>
>>1842943
Why are you doing the Jew thing? Jews didn't force you to pick a sub-optimal degree.

You can find an office job on indeed. Having a bachelors ticks off the degree mark for lots of those jobs. Just go browse and find stuff that interests you.

Honestly if you have other skills such as coding you can apply for those kinds of jobs as well. You'll just have to prove yourself.

It's extremely inadvisable to start a trade as you'll be at the bottom of experience and earnings. Leverage your degree anon. Be an adult and go find a job.

>>1842928
Look at this, a degree doesn't define you or what you are capable of, just fucking do it. Quit stalling and start applying for jobs now, go talk to your student career thingy (whatever that group is called every college has one) and they'll help spiff up your resume and give you advice. Start doing instead of thinking.
>>
>>1842957
V much appreciate the advice brother. I didn't realise it was a jew thing, I thought it just meant anything controversial on here. I also completed a hardware and networking apprenticeship before the degree, but i'm not sure if that's relevant anymore.
>>
>>1842963
That's relevant as hell. Brush up your skills and networking is a great career. IT in general is one of the biggest growing sectors in America along with healthcare. (Don't believe me? Go look at the job reports.) Yea you may start at shitty help desk but if you can prove yourself you can quickly hop up the ladder by jumping jobs every few years and make good, good money.
>>
>>1842975
I initially dropped the job I had and took the university path as I felt i was too young for the office and never wanted to return. I feel like i've got that out my system now for the most part and getting back into networking may indeed be the right idea.
>>
>>1843009
Well then we know what kinds of jobs you need to look for. Apply for junior networking or system administrator positions and help desk positions. The first two are more lucrative but if you can prove yourself you won't be in help desk long if you end up starting there. Either way the pay isn't too bad but you should be able to quickly jump up in pay. Try to learn as much as you can. The more you learn the more you earn.

Go browse r/itcareerquestions. Lots of good advice there.
>>
>>1842935
with literally any undergraduate bachelor you can work for insurance companies receiving claims and still getting a pretty decent pay
>>
>>1842907
I'm in this same boat. I got a meme degree in (((Criminal Justice))) and I haven't gotten shit except $10/hr security jobs. My dad does carpentry and got me an entry level job STARTING at $26.47. I also recently joined my state's national guard as an officer candidate. You can look in to the officer route, but let me tell you, it is VERY physically demanding. You literally need to be in top shape.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.