[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a newbie investor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: vanguard-windsor-ii_large.png (61KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
vanguard-windsor-ii_large.png
61KB, 580x282px
Hello i am a 20 year old student and I have 9k euro available for investment ,is it a good idea to put 3-5k on vanguard stock ? It seems that it only goes upward . also not sure if am stupid but thinking to also put 1k on eth. Please help out
>>
3-5k on vanguard is good. do 500 eth now, wait to see if btc drops after etf fails, wait 2 weeks for the low and put 500 in. 250 in monero.

Hold for 2+ years.
>>
Fellow leaf here, what is vanguard? And whats the equivalent of robinhood for Canadians that want to bluechip/penny stocks
>tfw 2eth and 2 broke to afford more
>>
>>1841051

Thanks for the reply ,do you think I should wait for a dip before buying vanguard or ETH ?
>>
>>1841013
VBIAX is what I would go with or VFIAX if you have a little more money. Higher returns.

If you want to buy the stocks its one thing,if you want to go directly with vanguard you need 10k to invest
>>
>>1841062
No vanguard is a collection of ETF's and other types of collective funds to make diversified investments. I would go on the vanguard website and check out the shortlist. Learn the terms and check out the 10,5 and all-time performance to get an idea of how the value fluctuates
>>
>>1841013

I don't see why not.

I have $3k in VTI, and I'm very happy with it so far.
>>
>>1841139

Because my capital is very limited (3-5k on vanguard) so I have to choose between vbiax ,vfiax and total vanguard stock , from these 3 what do you think is the best choice ?
>>
>>1841192
Don't wait for a dip and my choice was VBIAX because its a bit more balanced but honestly you gotta do research for yourself. Get used to doing your own research because you are trusting strangers on advice and you never know who's profiting off your actions
>>
VFIAX is what I have as the core of my portfolio, very happy with it. It went up 12% in 2016, not too shabby.
>>
>>1841228
Nobody on this goofy roleplaying board is profiting from him choosing one vanguard fund over the other.

>>1841192
You're 20. You shouldn't have any exposure to bonds or fixed income at such a young age so a balanced fund is out. You also have tons of time ahead of you so there's no real point in waiting for the inevitable correction.

Just go with vfiax or vtsax. they're essentially the same over the long term anyway.
>>
>>1841256
Why not?
>>
>>1841062
There is no equivalent of robinhood. Open an account at questtrade
>>
>>1841345
>Why not?
Um, maybe because every Vanguard fund in existence has millions to billions of dollars invested, and some guys investing a few hundred or a few thousand dollars is like throwing a grain of sand in the ocean.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.