[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Will The Fed Raise Interest Rates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Do you think its likely? Evidently they're meeting on the 15th (if i understand correctly) and rumor has it, that they're going to raise interest rates.

What are the odds of this? How will it affect precious metals like gold and silver?
>>
the fed will not raise rates because
1. the dollar is very strong
2. oil is low

The fed will raise rates when oil is above 60 dollars a barrel.
>>
>>1839078

M2, M3 are down though.
>>
>>1839078
how do you know this?
>>
95% chance they will. It only stays course if there's some significant adverse outlier inflation/employment figure that didn't meet expectations.

I bet the first increase will be slight, with the increase to hasten over time if data comes back positive.

http://www.wsj.com/video/yellen-signals-raise-in-short-term-interest-rates/2F9F3011-DA57-428D-A724-00E7924D80E6.html
>>
File: IMG_3852.jpg (36KB, 512x287px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_3852.jpg
36KB, 512x287px
>>1839031
Janet Yellen is a Jew and will do everything humanly possible to fuck the economy up while Trump is in office (including raising interest rates).
>>
>>1839031
Haven't they already come out and said they plan on several small rate hikes?
>>
Fed will keep raising rates.
Party bus is over.
>>
>>1839151
>implying Trump is going to keep her next year if she starts committing to contractionary monetary policy
>>
>>1839031

I work at a fairly large bank.

I talked to the treasurer, CEO and CFO about the hike in March. They do not believe it will happen unless the employment report released this Friday is very bullish.

The only way they increase rates is if they are panicing.

Everything you here about it being raised is a rumor. This way be a good time to get into JUNG or NUGT, especially if JNUG gets to be $4.50. If they don't raise rates, that thing is going to skyrocket.
>>
>>1839340

*hear

*This may be

Jeez I can't type tonight
>>
>>1839340
What are the odds of a bullish report?
>>
>>1839424

Another 225,000 jobs added would do it, in my opinion.

Last month, they reported 227,000 vs the 175,000 expected which caught everyone off guard.

I don't believe it will continue to push 225,000 since most of the economy is based on speculation at this point. Everything returns to fundamentals.

I'm estimating a 10%-20% chance of a bullish report, 80%-90% of a low or meets expectations type of report.

The rate hike talks are based on nothing but pure speculation, and if you listen to Yellen, she hasn't really been as clear as many analyst are saying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.