[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start trading? How do I sell and buy stocks, and which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1867.png (360KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1867.png
360KB, 750x713px
How do I start trading? How do I sell and buy stocks, and which brokers are efficient and cheap? I've got about 30k saved up from last year, and I want to start making money on that money.
>>
If you're in the US, Robinhood. Or if you want to make, you know, a smart decision, put it into a 401k or an IRA
>>
eth
>>
>>1838961
fuck off to your general ethfag
>>
>>1838939
Don't both of those latter two require you to be employed
>>
>>1839104
For a 401(k), yeah I think so. For a traditional IRA, according to Investopedia:

"Any individual who has taxable compensation or self-employment income (earned by sole proprietors and partners) for the year, and will not reach age 70.5 by the end of the year may establish and fund a Traditional IRA."

I think the same is true for a Roth IRA.

But if you're neet and not rich you've got a bigger problem to worry about than where to invest. Like getting a job.
>>
>>1838936
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_online_brokerages_in_the_United_States

Do you want to do active day trading, or just put it in an ETF?
>>
Plan on asking a family friend to do some stock trading. He's kept a cousin afloat with no job just through trading stocks and I'd like the supplemental income. I have around 2K left to burn, but I'd like to leave a little for breathing room. Do I go big to get a good start and return or should I start small and let it grow into itself? Kind of at a desperate point, may have to move back in with ma again if this fails.
>>
>>1839085
why this person will never have to work again if they invest that 30k in eth now. calculated risks is the name of the game
>>
>>1839307

>vanguard
>$20/trade

Holy fuck why does plebbit ride their dick so hard? Terrible pricing.
>>
>>1838936
Shop around discount brokerages, and try some of the free education they will inevitably offer

>>1839104
>>1839155
Yes, in order to contribute to retirement accounts, you need to have earned income. They have contribution limits, and the max you can contribute is either the contribution limit for that account type, or your earned income, whichever is lower

>>1839328
>I have around 2K left to burn
Your best bet is to throw it all on some penny stock (pot stocks?) and hope it takes off.

$2k with no steady way to add to it is not a very hefty investment. Returns on a $2k investment will be minimal unless you find the next GOOG, and even that will take 10 years or whatever
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.