[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy 1000 pieces of underwear for $1000 >Donate to charity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Trump-AB-News-800x430.png (328KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-AB-News-800x430.png
328KB, 800x430px
>Buy 1000 pieces of underwear for $1000
>Donate to charity at an estimation of $5 per piece of underwear, write off $5000 as an itemized tax deduction for charitable donations
>Save [your tax bracket, let's say 25%] on $5000 in taxes, so $1250
>You just made $250 profit
Easy 25% returns.

Will this work?
>>
>>1838146

I believe they call that tax fraud.
>>
>>1838146
It's tax fraud. You are claiming the underwear to be worth $5 a piece when you know for a fact they're worth $1 a piece or less.

hell if you're going to lie about value, why not just buy one piece of underwear for $10 and donate it at an estimation of $1,000,000? because you'd be committing fraud and you'd get caught.
>>
>>1838154
You're being too obvious.

$5 for a pair of underwear is reasonable.

There are standards by which the IRS appraises clothes donated to charities. If you are within a certain frame that they consider reasonable, you will pass.
If you are outside that frame, you will be flagged for fraud.

That's the difference between our examples.
>>
>>1838151
its called being smart
>>
Or
>Convince all your friends that you have done this and it works amazingly well
>They all try it on a large scale
>Report them all to the IRS
>Receive 15% of all their money as the legal Whistleblower Reward from the IRS
>>
>>1838209
Fucking genius
>>
>>1838146
Works until you are audited and then they see where the underwear was purchased at $1
>>
>>1838287
Use cash.
>>
So i have a bunch of clothes laying around like literally giant bags of it that i dont need that my mom brings home that she has given to her. If i donate all of it can i write it off at what i think its worth?
>>
>>1838146
thats a lot of work for 250
>>
>>1838354
Do it with $500,000

>>1838325
Yes.
>>
>>1838146
You'd be less likely to be caught if you diversified the types of clothing you buy and donate.
>>
>>1838325
Not much but you can feel good about donating to the needy.
>>
>>1838384
Also if you donate them a long while later in partitions.
>>
>>1838146

You will get audited and lose.

Charitable contributions are on the top 20 red flags of the IRS. Look it up
>>
If you wear the underwear first and don't wash it before you donate it, it'll have an even lower actual value, so your profits will be higher.
>>
>>1838373
Someone with a mid 5 figure salary donating 6 figures is very suspicious and will almost certainly be audited.
>>
>>1838146
Brilliant.
>>
>>1838162
you don't understand.
$5 for a pair of underwear is reasonable.
donating 1000 pairs of underwear is not reasonable.
if they see that you're donating 1000 pieces of underwear 2-3 years in a row, what do you think they'll say? "That's a totally reasonable sum of underwear for someone to be donating. It makes sense that he would have that many and need to get rid of them every year. He's definitely not lying to save money."

unbelievable the schemes you guys come up with and then can't understand when people explain why it won't work.
>>
>>1839722
oh my god this post is the best. thank you for the laugh anon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.