[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ponzi scheme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Ponzi scheme.jpg (235KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ponzi scheme.jpg
235KB, 600x400px
Is it possible to become rich off of a Ponzi scheme?
>>
People into HYIPs claim "yes" and it seems fairly intuitive that it's possible. People running ponzi schemes usually want to attract more and more victims, so if you are among the very first and remember to pull out profits quickly, it should be possible to walk away with a profit (as they want you to spread the message).

But it's obviously a huge gamble with next to no objective indicators or skill involved. Your money is essentially out of your control and you're hoping whoever runs the scheme doesn't spontaneously decide either it's time to grab and run or it's time to terminate his failed attempt at a large-scale ponzi.
>>
If no one ever made money with them, they wouldn't exist. So yes, it's not only possible but intrinsic to their existence.
>>
>>1837810
say goodbye to your reputation, family and friends though
>>
>>1837810
i made 300% on hashocean in less than a year.
but it's usually not sustainable and you will lose more often than win.
>>
I dont get where the profits come in

You take money. Then you take in more money. Then you give more money then the original amount youve taken away. And its not like you could take much of this money for yourself, because you need to eventually return it to the investor. Where does the profit come from biz?
>>
>>1838895
Weird. Half the thread assumes OP wants to participate in a Ponzi scheme, while the other half assumes OP wants to run a Ponzi scheme...

Anyway, two angles for the profit of the guy running the scheme:
Either at some point you have roped enough people into giving you their money that you have enough for the rest of your life. Then you take all the money and emigrate to a tropical island with no extradition treaties. (or the more modern take: Shut your Russian website down and convert your ill-gained BTC to your local currency)
Or you're in it for the long haul and funnel yearly management fees away like Madoff, in the hopes that there will never come a time when enough people want to cash-out at the same time to threaten your liquidity.
>>
>>1838895
You rely on your "investors" never taking out their principal. If you're really lucky they will ask you to "reinvest" their "dividends" as well.

If they are taking their principals, then you've done a poor job of convincing them that you're going to make them money.
>>
the stock market is one big ponzi
>>
>>1837810
Only if you start that one, and you will have a legal issue, in most countries, you will go to jail if you get caught.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.