[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys stop wasting your time on things like 4chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: fSSh7df.png (357KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
357KB, 500x421px
How did you guys stop wasting your time on things like 4chan and start actually buckling down and making some monies?
>>
>asking people on 4chan how they stopped going on 4chan

i think you may have the wrong target audience for this question
>>
>>1837027
For me it wasn't 4chan, it was Slashdot and Hacker News. After reading the book Deep Work by Cal Newport I was so inspired to make something of myself that I just stopped going to the sites. It's hard at first but after a week or so, the addiction starts to fade. So to stop reading 4chan, you have to just stop reading 4chan. It's really that simple.
>>
>>1837058
i spend all my time on 4chan

should i stop doing this?
>>
>>1837136
Yeah, most kinds of social networking like Facebook, forums and even 4chan are going to eat up a lot more time than you are going to get value in return.
It's easy to justify a place like /biz/ with the excuse of, "Well if I don't hang out on /biz/ I won't see all the cool ideas" Obviously to a certain extent this is true. The problem with that reasoning though is you have to look at the opportunity cost. You might have to spend 20 hours reading shit posts on here to see one new slightly interesting idea. But what if you had spent that 20 hours doing affiliate marketing or something else productive. That's not a very good trade off.
>>
I've achieved a middle class living without even really trying and have never been passionate about anything in my entire life.

So really I have nothing to do besides 4chan
>>
>>1837162
True man. Guess I really better stop.
>>
>>1837179
>So really I have nothing to do besides 4chan
Do you play (video) games?
>>
>>1837027
Delete computer

srsly, get priorities straight
>>
>>1837027
>spend all your time on 4chan
>be on /g/new/ in 2010
>buy bitcoin and make hundreds of thousand
>be on /pol/ bet big money you made on bitcoin on trump

tell me how being here isn't like being in the caffee houses during the time of enlightenment
>>
>>1837027

> 8 hours work
> 8 hours 4chan
> 8 hours sleep

Eezy breezy
>>
>>1837553
Don't start that shit. You'll never get OP off this site.
>>
>>1837563
if you can't find value in a place where we literally create/react to the zeitgeist as it happens

he wouldn't find in anywhere else
>>
i'm trying to get verified on coinbase using my lisence, but it's seems to just freeze. Is this common?
>>
>>1837162
If I stop going to 4chan what am I going to do on the shitter?
>>
>>1837027
desu I just traded pepecash and got rich from that
>>
>>1837611
freezed for me on Opera but on firefox it worked
>>
Ok guys, I jsut bought 10EUR worth of Bitcoin and 1 ETH on CoinBase. What do I do now?
>>
>>1837624
lol. Do like I do and drop and go.
>>
>>1837136
Well, im fucking off at work 10 hours a day on here.

Meh.

Wtf else and i gonna do?
>>
>>1838897
>Wtf else and i gonna do?

A side hustle. Still have the problem of trying to do a bunch of different projects and never really committing to any of them.

Fuck how is it that I have a skill set valuable to my employer, but I can't make shit for myself? It's depressing.
>>
>>1838897
Read to get all dat KNAWLEDGE
>>
>>1837027

What I do every sunday is that I go to google calendar and put in all the thing I have to do in the week into a schedule and follow that schedule . It's a good way to structure your time so you use it productively
>>
>>1837027
i got rid of amazon and i have seen a trillion dollar increase in my portfolio
>>
>>1837027
I didn't. I'm at work making monies right now.
>>
File: 1487146462377.jpg (20KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487146462377.jpg
20KB, 640x640px
>>1837027
Clearly, none replaying to you would be lying.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.