[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to get an MBA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ufmba.jpg (57KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
ufmba.jpg
57KB, 750x400px
I have a undergrad degree in Business administration and I was wondering if it worth the time and money to get an MBA.
>>
it probably isn't worth your time and is definitely not worth your money.
reasons to get an mba
>your employer is paying for it
>you hate your job and need to find a way out

look at the most common employers of graduates for the past few years, and look at linkedin to see where the graduates wound up
>>
>>1836609
I had a friend that did Chem e at Cornell and an MBA at uf. Makes probably 160k at exxon now, and only going up.
>>
>>1836693
My cousin got a philosophy degree at Cornell and ended up working a job involving M&A. That's the benefit of going to an Ivey League school - you get a great job no matter what.
>>
>>1836609
It's worth it if an ONLY if you can get it from a big time school. At least top 15 if not top 10.
>>
>>1836632

Were most successful?
>>
>>1836713
Philsophy is different from most humanity majors because you have to be smart as fuck to get through it
>>
I have a BSBA from UF but I feel that doesnt open many doors. I have 3 years in retail banking and 2 years as a financial aid advisor for a community college. I want to make around 50-60k but im not sure where to start. Anyone have advise?
>>
File: GAULEDdotcom.jpg (941KB, 2056x2888px) Image search: [Google]
GAULEDdotcom.jpg
941KB, 2056x2888px
MBA's are only of value if:
>1.) they are at an elite school
or
>2.) your job requires you to get an MBA to advance further in the company

If number 2 is your situation absolutely do it, especially since they'd probably reimburse you for going to a cheaper local college

But elite MBA's are questionably worth it since tuition is $100k-$160k and average starting salary is $120k not including bonus which will all get taxed the fug out of

Basically you'd have to do a DCF to see which option is best
>>
>>1838915
I wanted to get into UFs MBA program its only 18k and they are ranked decently. I'm just having trouble getting my foot in the door for big corporations.
>>
>>1838926
If you have trouble getting your foot in the door, an MBA is not going to help you.
>>
>>1838926
They have impressive placement stats for being that cheap. Find out more about who goes to their On Campus Recruiting because that'll be your best bet to find a job
>>
>>1838930
>>1838941
Thank you both for your insight!
>>
>>1836609
an MBA is boilerplate for already successful and motivated people, i took several MBA classes and all the students were without exception already employed and working their way up their fields
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.