[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How hard can it be to beat the market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1485921769662s.jpg (5KB, 250x175px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485921769662s.jpg
5KB, 250x175px
>Go to yahoo finance
>Choose best performing stocks of the past 10 years
>$NFLX +4280%, $PCLN +2930%, $AMZN +1960%
>Your portfolio

Why won't this work?
>>
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
>>
>>1782294
In high school we played this investing game. You start off with $1M and at the end of the month you see what kind of gains or losses the class makes. I just searched for undervalued stocks and other stocks that always perform. It felt good when I came in first place. But now I'm a wagecuck and have nothing :(
>>
>>1782294
It won't work because speculation and performance are already priced into those stocks. That being said, it might work, it's just not some foolproof plan. NFLX is highly susceptible to stagnation and "flavor of the month" subscribers jumping to competition.

PCLN is the same. They have a long way down to go, and not much more they could innovate. They're at their full potential for use cases. It is very possible some kind of advancement renders them obsolete.

AMZN is a good bet, but you're buying at the top so be prepared to hold for a while. They have an incredible infrastructure and user base in place and their profits have gone from non-existant to steadily improving. Best of all, there's plenty of innovations they have yet to make. They could launch their own brands of products, software, stores, marketing data, etc. I know they already do some of this, but they've barely scratched the surface of their potential.

just my uneducated two cents.
>>
>>1782294
Most of the value in active management comes from minimizing losses during down markets. Beating the lows is much easier than beating the highs.
>>
>>1782294

Amazon has room for growth despite the price, but EVERYONE knows that, and it's way too fucking expensive.

I don't like the rest.

Netflix has a market that is highly vulnerable to competition.
>>
>>1782323
We did that too. I invested everything into a pennystock which droped 75% of it's value in the first day and never regained.
>>
>>1782318
I came here to post this
Thank you anon
>>
I know how to beat a bunch of markets.
>>
>>1782323
>>1783058
Aye, I picked Tesla right before it was picking up lmao. Don't remember my returns but I wanted to REEEEE for not actually doing it.
>>
>>1783058
penny stocks are pump and dump schemes
>>
>>1783678

Half the girls in this damn world are pump and dump schemes man. Go with it.
>>
>>1783680
Enjoy getting cucked by the dumpster
>>
>>1783701

See you are the type of guy to fall for the pump and dump rather than using it. YOU enjoy being cucked by the dumpster, and I'll enjoy pumping that sucker for all she's got. Let me know how your savings is doing in 10 years!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.