[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you truly increase employment and the money represented in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1475770718589.jpg (174KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
1475770718589.jpg
174KB, 1000x929px
Can you truly increase employment and the money represented in Keynesian 'wage units' by decreasing the money-wages?

I am skeptic.
>>
>talking about economics on a business and finance board

you should probably head to /pol/
>>
>>1780649
I had a /relatively/ decent economics discussion between someone from the Mises institute on here not so long ago.

Economics IS in the purview of this board, after all.
>>
>>1780637
yes but only in the short run
>>
>>1780687
how do you figure?

economics is traditionally a separate discipline from business and finance
>>
>>1780687
Austrian economics is the only real economics
>>
>>1780698
Business and finance are subsets of economics. Practical vs theoretical, if you will.
>>
>>1780637
this is called inflation. more capital flows to the owners of the means of production because wages rise slower than inflation.
>>
>>1780702
THE LONG RUN DOESN'T MATTER JUST BELIEVE IN MY MONETARY POLICY
>>
>>1780705
not an accurate statement at all
>>
>>1780649
Micro economics is inherently tied to business and finance

Macro economics is tangentially tied to business and finance
>>
>>1780725
Look man, use whatever definition you want, but the courses are grouped together at most universities.
>>
>>1780709
JUST PRINT MORE MONEY
>>
>>1780746
physics and biology are typically grouped together at universities, and yet physics is far closer to engineering (which is usually in a separate department) than it is to biology

what's your point?
>>
>>1780637
>increase employment
why do you want to increase employment?

People don't want to work, they want wealth. There is a difference. We want to encourage wealth creation, not work creation. Work = poverty.
>>
No, due to downward nominal wage rigidity
>>
>>1780834
I just... where do you get food from idiot? People have to be engaged in some form of productive work otherwise we won't have things to do things with.
>>
>>1780851
What if you fix the money wages short term and decrease them overall at the same time?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.