[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Silver and Gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

If silver and gold are liquid assets why are they so hard to sell without people offering you half of melt for them?
Checkmate nocoiners.
>>
>>1780030
actually you can sell them just under spot any time. if you want more you have to sell them to a private buyer.
>>
>>1780030
I buy only physical from Sharps Pixley in London. If you're buying their premium is 2% over spot.
If you're selling, they will buy off you at 1% under spot.
It's not hard at all.
>>
Depends what you are buying you clot

Coins are incredibly easy to trade/sell to anyone
Bars, not so much.
>>
Been buying gold mine stock lately myself. Anyone know any problems with this?
>>
>tfw got meme'd on and bought unbranded gold
>it's .999 but I can't sell it anywhere for anything close to spot
>>
>>1780461
where do you even buy unbranded gold? lol
>>
>>1780548
I sort of know a guy that refines precious metals as a hobby
>>
>>1780585
where do you live? most cities would have a dealer worth its salt to the degree of testing the purity and giving you fair price. gold is gold
>>
>>1780601
the netherlands
>>
>>1780619
think of it this way: people will make fakes of "well known brand" gold bar.

a brand does not in itself constitute "authenticity"...I just feel there should be a way for a potential buyer/dealer to guarantee the purity

if you were a bullion dealer, this would be one of the first problems to solve. how to "confirm" purity of what you buy/sell. the technology is out there
>>
>>1780629
I understand what brands are for. It just sucks that I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought .999 gold for spot when in fact I wasn't.
>>
>>1780651
>I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought .999 gold for spot when in fact I wasn't.

its either gold or its not. if its real gold then the deal you got was fine. just takes some work finding someone with the ability to verify it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.