[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Ontario Canada Is it worth getting trolled into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: bbbbb.jpg (890KB, 2739x1215px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbb.jpg
890KB, 2739x1215px
I live in Ontario Canada

Is it worth getting trolled into the trades meme? Which of them is best?

I'm thinking plumbing or electrician desu.
>>
>>1778910
the money in trades is in management, self-employment, and business ownership.

Once you hit those positions the trade you picked doesn't matter as much as the size of your company and your performance as a manager.

most trades workers never make it that far.
>>
>>1778916
>the money in trades is in management, self-employment, and business ownership.

I know what you're saying, but a licensed plumber or electrician in Ontario can easily make 75k. It wont make him rich but it certainly isn't bad money.

>most trades workers never make it that far.

Stereotypes don't come out of nowhere. It's a fact that many tradesmen aren't that bright. If you're smart, that means less competition getting into management and ownership.

OP the biggest problem getting into trades is the apprenticeship. This idea that you can do a one year entry-level program at trades school and start making good money is horseshit. Contractors don't like to hire apprentices, and in a lot of ways the trades industry is a bit of a closed society, unless you have a father or an uncle etc who is a contractor you are going to have a very hard time getting a job, and you need those apprentice hours to become licensed. Once (and if) you get hired you will be doing all of the grunt work starting out, and they will pay you dog shit, but it's better than going to school imo.
>>
>>1779686
Then how the fuck do people do now this shit then?

I don't know anyone who's a tradesman.
>>
>>1779734
The most important thing to do early on is to take the entry-level trade school program, work hard, and get to know the instructor. That will be your first shot at networking. He will know people in the industry, and if he likes you he can help.

Other than that I guess you just hit the pavement. Go to every contractor's office and talk to him. When he tells you he isn't hiring apprentices ask if he knows of anyone who is. Leave your contact information.

In the meantime you should try to get a job at a contractor supply store. You will learn a lot about the trade and you will meet lots of relevant people.

It's isn't impossible, just really fucking hard. Some guys spend years looking for their first apprentice job.
>>
>ITT: we learn trade school was a big meme the whole time

Glad I'm not a retard Donald Trump voting hick.
>>
>>1779791
Darn really? Thought it was quite the opposite based on shit normies always say.

>>1779824
WTF I HATE TRUMP NOW!
>>
Suitable thread for my question.
Is it worth getting a professional bachelor's degree in automobile technical maintenance, or should I just get a trade certificate as an automotive mechanic?

Some details might have been lost in translation.
>>
>>1779969
What do the normies say?
>>
>>1778910
QCfag here. I started trade school a month ago for a 10 month program I'm really interested in. I'd say it's a huge bump forward from being a total noob. Expecting 19$/hr starting but my main focus is on doing my best to get good references from my 4 instructors. It cost me 400$ for the whole course + materials & tools. So really the only thing in my way is my own performance. I'm motivated by the projects i'll be able to accomplish with the skills gained at this school and the satisfaction of seeing a job well done.
>>
>>1780022
They say how much bank tradies make.

And I can believe it... Needed some plumbing work done in my parents house. 5 hours of work cost ~$600 cash. Which I'm willing to bet won't be taxed during tax season for 2017-2018.
>>
>>1778910

If you speak french you might want to try your luck over here. We fucking need plumbers, electricians etc... They have so much job they can set their own prices and timetable easy, no one will spitt on a cheap employee.

Just to give you guys an idea, a friend lost his key a friday evening, gotta call a locksmith on the saturday morning, he just want to enter, not even change the lock, the guy breaks it and charges 350 euros. For 5min of work.
>>
>>1780101

Also, I don't know how it works in Canada but numbers are always higher because so much of the work is undeclared. People prefer to pay less in cash (small things obv) rather than basicaly paying taxes.

Also scams are rempant because you deal with people who have no idea what you're saying. You can always go the extra mile and say you changed some bs thing.
>>
>>1779686
why is canada such a fucking shithole?
>>
File: Homer-3.gif (2MB, 590x431px) Image search: [Google]
Homer-3.gif
2MB, 590x431px
>>1778910
>Which of them is best?

Well, which one do you talent and interest for?

If you have no interest in them, for example electricity, do not go there it's a dead end for you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.