[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you fell for the physical gold meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1481471322555.jpg (20KB, 399x489px) Image search: [Google]
1481471322555.jpg
20KB, 399x489px
>you fell for the physical gold meme
>>
>>1769229
try r9k
>>
>>1769229
How much do you have? I have a 1 oz Krugerrand, so I'm not that mad about it. Feels kinda neat to be able to hold actual gold.
>>
>>1769229
What meme? Gold is doing fine right now. What kind of expectations did you have? Gold is the same as it has been for the last decade.
>>
warren buffet was right
>>
>>1769229
People not giving a fuck about jew-elery might bring the price down, but gold is the same as ever.
>>
>>1769229
The price of gold goes up in a downturn. You're supposed to sell gold in a downturn and buy stock.
>>
>>1770162
>and buy stock
someone who have to reconsider why he's on gold in the first place

>markets are running on steroids, shit hasn't ever been so broken
1% banking multiplier
>negative interest rates when nobody really have got REAL savings

>>1769229
still better than etf memes
>>
>>1769585

>gold is fine
>7 years of decline
>0 ROI by holding
>>
>>1769229
I always say the only reason to own physical metals is because you like physical metals. Or if you are a jewelry maker.
>>
>>1769229
phyzz is the biggest threat to tech feggs

they know it and they hate it
>>
>>1770213
>rose steadily until 2011
>corrected until 2013
>has moved to the side since

What a shocker. As the economy recovered, gold stopped rising. Well, no shit!

Again, what kind of expectations do you people have towards gold? It's an anti-cyclical hedge. The economy has recovered, stocks are booming - it's a no-brainer that gold is currently not in high demand.

Complaining about the performance of gold now is like sitting in early 2009 complaining that you fell for the meme called Dow Jones when you could have invested in gold. No shit - wrong place, wrong time.
>>
File: jw.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jw.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>1770795
>>
File: YouIRL.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
YouIRL.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>1770795
>yfw bitcoin always goes up
>>
>>1769229
No... i didnt because im not a fucking retard.

I got like 1 ounce just for shits and gigs and then a shoebox full of silver.

Its the only way i can fucking save money.

Buy 1 troy ounce per week reguardless of price.

Probably gonna smelt it all and make my something out of it to get above spot prive from time to tim and then reinvest that exact amount into more bulion.

Not even sure wtf i am doing but at least i wont starve...
>>
>>1771239
Except when it doesn't (like the last 30 days). It's not stable and large enough to determine a cycle yet, so who knows - maybe one day bitcoin will be a good anti-cyclical supplement, since it largely resembles digital gold.

>>1771597
>I got a shoebox full of silver.

For a second there I though you were going full retard, but using cost-averaging to accumulate silver and then using it as a raw material is at least decent. Provided you don't live in a country that levies VAT on silver or you're doing it commercially where VAT doesn't matter. Silver is a good material, but not a good investment.
>>
>>1770269
Genuine question, isn't physical gold the only reason you'd buy gold? In that, it's a hedge against the whole banking system and stock market fucking up, and thats a niche benefit that gets lost if you just buy a gold etf.
>>
>>1772045
Even during a crash the banking system won't collapse- there are bailouts and shit

Gold etfs will spike along with real gold
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.