[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/. I recently was able to transfer from my Community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1485836436595.jpg (326KB, 1029x830px) Image search: [Google]
1485836436595.jpg
326KB, 1029x830px
Hey /biz/. I recently was able to transfer from my Community College to a local University. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have about two hours and fifteen minutes of nothing while I wait for my next class. I've been thinking of using this time to at least start investing in stocks. The problem is that I don't exactly know how to do this. From what I've read I need a brokerage account but I don't believe you can make one through your local credit union. How do I make an account, what material should I read, and I should start with penny stocks in order to gain experience on how this works, correct? Your information, help, and advice is very much appreciated.
>>
>>1767643
If you are American, get a Robinhood (.com) account. No fees and easy client. Use some of those hours reading/watching videos on day-trading. I learnt most from practice, and discussing the stocks at Stocktwits, it's not as hard as it seems. Investing a few hundred dollars in some penny stocks is a nice way to gain some experience.
>>
Advice:
1. Buy the dip.
2. Have strict stop-losses.
3. Sell before you expect others to sell.
4. Read up on the company.
>>
File: Descanso_do_modelo.jpg (781KB, 2616x1933px) Image search: [Google]
Descanso_do_modelo.jpg
781KB, 2616x1933px
>>1767685
I'm almost done signing up for a robinhood account. It just asks for a passport or driver's license now. I a good amount of money saved but I still live with my parents, and my father doesn't want me to pay money for a driving instructor. If I need to go somewhere I take my city's bus and/or my bike to get to a location. I have my passport, but it's from when I was around two years old. Searching online doesn't give me information that I can't use that passport if it's still technically my current one. I'm guessing I can still use it then?
>>1767691
Back in high school I made a 69 slide portfolio for Wells Fargo on whether one should invest in the company or not. My final chart analysis stated that it was a good company to invest in for long term profit. This was back in October of 2015, and the stock price did steadily increase until it entered the year of 2016, where it dipped for most if not the whole year. At least now I know when to expect a dip. I'll also look into stop-losses and read up more on the companies. From what I recall my economics teacher from back then had us use yahoo finance for information on a company, so I'll try and use that once again.
>>
>>1767748
You could try adding some additional information with the picture, like a bill or ID-card. Or else you could always go to the police station and tell you lost it and get a new (emergency?) passport.

Sounds like you know a bit already which is good. Penny stocks is a little different, you trade them, holding for a shorter period, instead of investing in a long low-risk stock. Get a Stocktwits account and see what they post, but be aware of people that short-trade and scalp, because they will try to influence the opinion. Yahoo is a decent source of information, but i also use Google to check for recent news.

This is a stock you could look into for instance. See if they have debt, cash, upcoming events that will spike the price etc.
http://www.wsnews4investors.com/2017/01/31/analyst-opinion-about-this-stock-protalix-biotherapeutics-inc-s-plx/
>>
>>1767783
Still trying to find my passport, but once I do I'll add my Permanent Residency card. Also for the penny stocks, how many days would I keep it then before I sell? I'm guessing the average would be three days to a week? I also made the Stocktwits account so now I'm going to check out the link and after that I'll go back to finding my passport. It also looks like a good website, so I'll be sure to bookmark it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.