[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys let's just put the serious hat on for one second, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Z1GgGdX[1].jpg (39KB, 1151x662px) Image search: [Google]
Z1GgGdX[1].jpg
39KB, 1151x662px
Guys let's just put the serious hat on for one second, I ask you this.

How much does hard work matter versus luck?

Is hard work 90% or 10% of what makes people successful?

I need to know before starting this journey I don't wanna invest everything I got on some meme. Is the game rigged, will I never make it?
>>
File: Finance Flow Chart.jpg (2MB, 1665x3441px) Image search: [Google]
Finance Flow Chart.jpg
2MB, 1665x3441px
>>1765131
It's silly to try and put a number to these things. The fact of the matter is if you work hard, make connections, and be likeable you will do better than most. Not a guarantee but what choice do you have? You can't exercise luck but if you do the above you'll be "luckier" than those who didn't try.

As far as investing goes, make contributions to some sort of index fund every paycheck, max out your IRA and other tax-advantaged accounts, live within your means, and your wealth will grow. Then after you cover those bases can you start investing in memes with your remainder money if you choose to do so.

Learn this pic to the T. I think it should be stickied.
>>
>>1765143
Well said. To OP, I'd say that you actually DON'T need to know this to start. Just do it. What you're really asking is 'will I fail?'

The answer in my mind is 'yes, expect your first couple of businesses to fail, but do it anyway. You'll learn a lot and increase your odds the next time'
>>
>>1765131
>quitting before starting
no you'll never make it. now fuck off.
>>
>>1765131
>Is the game rigged
yes.

what the fuck are you investing in though?
>>
>>1765131
>To a good general luck is important.
- Livy

When you hear about some guy that made an average app and it became popular enough and was lucky to sell it to one of the big corporations.
No amount of luck will help you if you didn't make an app to sell it to a big corporation.
Or when an average poker player that plays texas holdem online for 8 hours a day for years, on low bet tables gets a lucky run and earns a few thousands.

You have to be good enough to realize that your lucky moment is there and that you where lucky enough to be at the right place in the right time to snatch that lucky opportunity.
When Konohamaru fights Pain he could use his lucky opportunity that the one he is fighting is bad at sensing shadow clones so he tricked him and fucked him up with a rasengan into the back.
If Konohamaru didn't train hard to make perfect shadow clones and powerful enough rasengans as a kid he would die. No amount of luck would help him, or better formula is that the amount of luck you need can be reduced with skill.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.