[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we deal with loved ones who are financially retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How do we deal with loved ones who are financially retarded?
>known this guy since our freshman year of hs
>one of the closest friends ever
>has the money sense of a Katrina coon that just got his fema check
>gives literally no fuck about debt
>I've seen the man get his card declined a hand full of times at the dollar store
>find out about 2 years ago he's 3 grand in credit card debt
>confront him
>the motherfucker was using it to pay rent so he has more fucking money for Legos
>I feel like me being an accounting major and his friend I'm liable as well
>offer numerous times to help him and his fiancé (also financially retarded) make a budget and hopefully start chipping away at this debt
>turns me down every time
I know he's only going to come around, hopefully, after he hits rock bottom. But shit nigga. I think I'm going to try to persuade him and his girl to get a joint bank account to sink the ship faster. It just hurts to see your friend openly and shamelessly stoop so low and all you can say is 'at least I tried'.

Anyone have similar experiences?
>>
You don't.

Let reality do its job.

The only thing you offer is advice and only offer it once

We live in the era of free information. No excuse for being ignorant, especially with something as simple as personal finance.
>>
>>1761115
This honestly. Let natural selection run its course. This day and age and you still get in debt? They deserve everything that happens and it's not on you.
>>
>>1761115
>The only thing you offer is advice and only offer it once
>We live in the era of free information. No excuse for being ignorant, especially with something as simple as personal finance.
This
>>
>>1761112
my mother is pretty bad. she spent every dime in her life she ever had and some we didn't had. i tried to press her on the importance of savings. the importance of being ready for the unexpected. and the importance of investment rather than debt.

she just don't get it. she is like "why do i work if i can't spend my money i earn?"
>>
>>1761112
did anyone else think that pic was a man's kneeling asshole near the baby? no? k I'll go
>>
>>1762009
it's a famous picture have you lived under a rock the past year?
>>
>>1762009
I'm with you mate
>>
>>1761112
here is my friend

>film studies grad
>30 years old
>want to shoot his second "masterpiece
>has msu fcu card with 20k limit
>opens up 3 new cards in <1 year with 5k eack
>maxs out every card
>$35k debt
>has to move back to his moms place
>did all this from nov 2016

he is moving home with no job lined up and is leaving his current job.
>>
Would you like 1 cookie now, or 2 cookies by the time you're nearly dead?

If you die early you don't get either cookie
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.