[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on engineering /biz/ is it really just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1435808203926.jpg (29KB, 734x737px) Image search: [Google]
1435808203926.jpg
29KB, 734x737px
Redpill me on engineering /biz/ is it really just a meme?
>>
Electrical engineer here. Money is good. Shit makes you smart. No debt. Life is good. What more do you want?
>>
I'm also an EE, it is everything anon above said. You will be smart if you finish the degree with a 3.5 gpa
>>
>>1761102
A lot of people who get engineering degrees do not end up being engineers. I was one of them.
>>
For every 1 job you can get as a EE, ME, etc... there are 10 jobs for a Computer Scientist
>>
>>1761102
What about aerospace?
>>
>>1761102
Is that supposed to be a Pepe
>>
I have not had good luck with my EE degree. 3.10 GPA and nobody seems to want to hire me besides my current job that pays $17/hr for me to do basic bitch technician work. Any tips for landing jobs or alternate career path advice?
>>
>>1761102

You work four times as hard for the same amount of money that someone with any other useful degree will get. If you're average, have fun having your GPA getting murdered then when you get that degree, you won't even become an Engineer. Those Engineering jobs are only for the ones who got their Master's degree in Engineering. Furthermore, if you think accounting is tedious and boring, you haven't seen Engineering work like Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Moreover, if you do get to build the nice and cool stuff, you won't even be able to use it. Those cool applications and tech that you created for your employer will be used by employees that are not even in the field such as scientist, CIS majors, etc. Engineering is a meme because casuals glorified it and think that only Engineers will have a chance of middle class. The reality is that Engineering is just as boring as any other job and just as saturated as any other profession. You want to become an Engineer? You better have the passion for it or else you'll hate it. The only good thing is that you can supplement an Engineering degree with another degree like finance or Math and get into any field pretty easily. Of course, a Finance major with their own supplements will run circles against an Engineer in the Finance profession.
>>
>>1761140
if you don't mind me asking what's your story anon?
>>
>>1761140
Yep same here. Ended up doing well anyway and uni was worth it in the end, but only a minority of engineering students actually become engineers.
>>
File: fyq.png (318KB, 508x311px) Image search: [Google]
fyq.png
318KB, 508x311px
>>1761102
You can't really go wrong with it.
It's a heavily objective and applicable degree. You might not end up an engineer, since employers have a tendency to cream their pants if they see you completed a difficult degree.
I've heard stories about people getting engineering degrees and then ending up in the financial sector too.
Also, no joke, Aerospace engineering is quite good. Very difficult, but learning literal 'rocket science' tends to make people think you can do anything, which is a good thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.