[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me choose /biz/ 3 options I am a sophomore student in an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1483347008090.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483347008090.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
help me choose /biz/
3 options
I am a sophomore student in an average uni with 3.9 GPA and I need to choose a career path. My parents can pay for grad school.

Option 1: Dentist
dentistry doesn't make me hard, but I don't hate it either
Good:
-from what I heard, not too hard
-probably the best pay out of other options
Bad:
-have to talk to people
-a lot of time studying

Option 2: Computer Engineering
will graduate a mediocre uni, and get MS from NYU.
Good:
-I'm OK with computers
-Doesn't sound boring
-good outlook
-decent salary
Bad
-sitting around all day
-Boring?

Option 3:
Go into finance, become an investment banker with an MBA or something.
Good:
-slight chance ill become a millionaire
Bad:
-shitton of work
-I'm beta af
-boss will probably be a dick
-the job is too alpha for me
>>
>>1761037
OP here, continuing on mobile

Option 4: Professional Cock-Sucker
Good:
-Get paid to suck dicks
-Get to choose my customers (if I'm in the mood for BBC, I can have it all day long)
-Able to command a high price (my step-dad says I'm the best suck he's ever had)
Bad:
-mouth might get sore
-might get pozzed (though that's pretty hot tb.h)
>>
>>1761037
OP here, I had to go to my moms computer

Option 5: Kill my self
Good:
-everything
Bad:
I am still living and will not post on /r9k/ anymore
>>
>>1761037

>Option 1: Dentist
sounds ok

>Option 2: Computer Engineering
You like programming? No? Then you'll probably not enjoy your 2 years at university.
Still with a decent GPA MSc from NYU you can do pretty much everything you want, including a lot of jobs where you don't have to sit in front of a computer all day.

>Option 3: Go into finance, become an investment banker with an MBA or something.
You won't be invited to interviews for IB with your current CV and you won't get into a decent MBA program (so that you'd get invited) either.
Also the workload is very hard (9am to 3am is not uncommon) and the hierarchy is pretty strict ("don't be an asshole" rule has not made it into IB yet) but yeah you'd end up with 7 figures net worth if you stick it out.
>>
>>1761037
>paying for grad school
Why not pick a real field and get paid for grad school?
>>
>>1761037
>3.9 GPA
Cash in on that high GPA. Study for a couple of months, knock out a 170+ LSAT and get a scholarship to a T-14 law school. Law schools don't give a fuck about your undergrad prestige/ECs so you should be fine. A 3.9 plus a 173 LSAT or so will get you into either Harvard/Stanford Law and give you a fair shot at Yale. You might even want to consider a JD/MBA, since B schools tend to be more lenient on the work experience requirement for these type of students.
>>
>>1761237
I have a very strong Russian accent, I'd make one shitty lawyer.
>>
>>1761037
NYU's engineering programs are shit and every recruiter/HR knows it.
>>
you can't become alpha if you stay in what's comfortable as a beta, do things that you think are too alpha for you and soon they wont be
>>
also def not option 2, it is getting flooded with people thinking it's the future. wages will fall
>>
>>1762447
NYU Tandon, its a branch of NYU specifically for engineering
>>
>>1762481
Yeah, I know. It's crap.
>>
>>1762493
damn, i thought it was good :(
>>
>>1762472
do you think civil engineering might be more stable?
>>
>>1762495
It doesn't live up to the rest of NYU as it was once Polytechnic, a mediocre school that desperately needed the NYU name and branding to survive. They merged only recently.
>>
A1 - lots of money, lots of work
A2 - kys retard
A3 - this is not a job its suited to only one type of personality and for those who are dedicated, cutthroat environment
A4 - kys faggot
A5 - kys
>>
>>1762497
defiantly, a handful of civil engineers even work in banks as advisers for massive projects/massive investments, again, this is alpha-tier territory
>>
How hard is it to get into an MBA program with a 3.0 gpa?
>>
>>1761037
You dont need grad school for comp engineering my man. Get the degree and go to work. 2-3 years real world experience is worth way more than a masters. You can get up to 6 figures in under 5 years if you are talented and driven. Can get there in 10 years even if you're a borderline retard
>>
>>1762523
What MBA program? Harvard, Top20 or just any MBA whatsoever?

In terms of what's important:
- high GMAT score
- brand-name employer
- brand-name undergrad university
- high undergrad GPA

For a chance at a top MBA program you want to tick off at least 3 of those 4, so it's not impossible to get in with a 3.0 GPA but you have to make up for it.
>>
>>1761074
didnt you get the memo, NYU engineering aka Tandon is for failed pajeets
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.