[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Fixed Index Annuity Prime Rib Dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Prime_Rib_Primer-21.jpg (630KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Prime_Rib_Primer-21.jpg
630KB, 1024x683px
I get on a lot of mailing lists for investment dinners, most are chicken cordon blue, but last one was a thick cut of prime rib.

These events are usually full of old people, especially old ladies.

It amazes me how smart people like a doctor who's kid I went to school with thought the salesman had a good investment... she had all her money in chase (probably paying over 1% expense).

What does /biz/ think of going to these events for a free meal, and trying to convert his prospects, to my .35% fee retirement planning service that just does a 70/30 split between stocks/bonds.

His product was a fixed indexed annuity
>>
>>1760058
you get free food to listen to bullshit?
>>
>>1760080
yes of course!
It was amazing prime rib, normally you get chicken breast with ham+ cheese
>>
>>1760058
Well I mean if you're being honest, and you have a legitimate business for people and the knowledge to do it, then by all means why not?

It doesn't sound like you're scamming people at all. If 70/30 stocks and bonds is satisfying your customers enough to stick with you, then good for you.
>>
>>1760093
i have nothing against cordon bleu altho it should be made from pork not birds. but i don't understand the business model. you spend about $20 to $50 on a meal per target and probably have like 1 or 2 marks from a 100. how the hell do you gain $5000 back from the 2 that did buy into something?
>>
>>1760099
well the annuity salesman is paying for everyone's dinner, and theoretically he could kick me out of the dinner... He is paying and has a group of people +50 with some assets.

Im younger and go with my dad.

My dad does not want to start a financial advice company, because he has +7-8 million, but I would still have to use him as my old person ticket.
>>
>>1760080
no no no....

The annuity salesman spends the $5000, I show up for a free meal and poach his customers.
>>
>>1760118
salesman has 100 people over two nights.
he is a great salesman, he gets more than 1 or two marks...

The salesman played good old boy from texas, told his 'life story' about his loving wife and 3 kids, and how he worked at the big old high tech companies....

his big thing is "when the market goes up, you make money, when the market goes down you save money...' zero is my hero (not losing money).

you don't pay him any money, the company pays him money, but don't worry about it.
>>
>>1760162
100 people/2 = 50 per night
probably closer to $20-$30 per person.
>>
>>1760058
>chicken cordon blue

i bet a fucking american posted this
>>
this is a thing for quarterly and annual meetings

traded companies have to have 4 quarterly announcements, these tend to be in the mornings with a catered breakfast

the annual general meeting often includes a free dinner

if you live in a place like new york you can go to a bunch of these and get a free dinner
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.