[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opening up a Cafe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 938_1_02_coffeeshop01.jpg (163KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
938_1_02_coffeeshop01.jpg
163KB, 1400x800px
Hello Biz, I have found an excellent location for a 24Hour Cafe near a university, the monthly rent is around 10,000$ which is understandable for the location and I would assume I would need a total of 20,000$ for furniture and 3 months salaries. I would need 250 Customers a day to break even. This is considering I want to make it ultra-fordable at 1-2$ Coffee and free wifi. After establishing dependeability by students I plan on moving forward with other sources of income. Any advice for your aspiring anon?
>>
File: IMG_0547.jpg (24KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.jpg
24KB, 400x306px
>>1759895
WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!!!
>>
I wouldn't do it - food and beverage have extremely bad success stats. What other ideas have you got?
>>
Talk to potential customers first and see if they want it. At a university this should be easy. If they don't want one don't build it.
>>
>>1759895
>$30,000 required to start a business
Gee i wonder why not everyone starts their own business...
>>
>>1759895

Something like 90% of all restaurants shut down within the first year, and I have heard from those within the industry that you should have at least a million capitol before starting one to whether out the first year or so. Also, I have heard that restaurants/cafe's are labors of love, and one shouldn't go into it thinking they will get rich. You can talk to locals before hand, but also get a layout of of the average income, competitors, and history of the area. Go to libraries, city hall, and simply ask around. Might even have to may for the statistics/info. Find out a theme that is lacking in the area that appeals to it, create it not just your vision, and undercut any competition. If you can
t I wouldn't suggest opening it. 24/7 is cool, but even on a normal hour business be prepared to work long hours. 24/7 is impossible for one man, and in a worst case scenario that is who it will fall back on. You will burn out, and have no life. Have one person run the night shift to save payroll, but increase the night pay by, like, a dollar. Don't be too stingy on employee benefits like drinks, but at the same time write into your costs for stolen food to some degree. Not every worker will be good and a workers needs to survive, but you also have to watch your back. Prepare for the long game in strategy, and don't react to the small scale. Long game wins. Be different. Do your research. Buy local as much as possible, and say it. Promote your alliances. Become a stable to the community, and the community will support you, too. Events, etc. Reach out to both the schools, and gov. Like, events, catering, etc. Good luck, because never let anyone tell you you cant do your dream, but prepare to grind or fight for it. Also, make sure all your relationships know before hand the personal sacrifices necessary, and be very realistic about it. Let them know both your dream, and the cost. Be real about both.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.