[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>non CS related >going to build a predictor based on pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2345234325.jpg (225KB, 997x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2345234325.jpg
225KB, 997x1280px
>non CS related
>going to build a predictor based on pic related
>/sci/ tell me about emergence
>that emergence converges into a wave
>>
>>1750628
what the fuck are you talking about

what kind of predictor
how the fuck is it based on this pic (is that a dali?)
what is emergence? link me
>>
>>1750710
the painting is called
Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening

was talking about the random flight of a bee

emergent behavior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctMty7av0jc

stock/options predictor
>>
>>1750735
what kind of predictor?
bayes? ANN? KNN? decision tree?
>>
>>1751060
maybe some hybrid one; i don't know yet. i saw something about finding the path of a fly that was interesting. i think I will play with one stock and try to have it statistically beat the market, so i'll end up losing some but in the long run i will stay ahead. it will text message me to buy and sell so i can manually set the orders.
>>
>>1751138
i've been looking into using a neural network to do this sort of thing but there don't seem to be many resources that mention people's successes so i'm not sure what to think
>>
>>1751146
hedge funds are already sinking millions of dollars into this shit, good luck to your little hobby
>>
>>1751146
NN requires a lot of data to train--5 million+ observations. I implemented a hybrid time series model that was used to predict traffic, and it performed so much better than the linear model.

im having a hard to getting the data. i would also need almost real-time ticker data, which seems expensive for public data. i have scrapped google finance for data, but that probably won't be viable in the long run since it's by the minute. i don't plan on doing high-frequency trading. i'll have to trade slow but with more complicated models.
>>
>>1751157
you are right it would be a hobby
>>
>>1750628
>>non CS related
>>going to build a predictor based on pic related
>>/sci/ tell me about emergence
>>that emergence converges into a wave

cool story

blog it
>>
>>1751190
i'm thinking to have it tweet the predictions
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.