[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shipping/Receiving, forklift gigs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: no_petah.jpg (39KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
no_petah.jpg
39KB, 600x327px
My most recent experience is about five years forklift experience, as well as five years inventory management, one and a half years shipping/receiving. I currently work for a machine shop, but its in the middle of some nowhere mountain town with fuck-all to do and nobody cool to meet. No friends outside of work, women here are a bunch of of hairy, bitchy she-goats. Lonely as hell here.

Pay is ok for cost of living here, I guess. I started at 11/hr, currently at 14.50/hr six years later. I hear shipping clerks are hired at 12-13/hr. now and do nothing but fuck around on their phones all day and fuck up customer orders. Our supervisor (newly minted manager) is an inept idiot who'd rather over-hire instead of providing adequate training, and won't acknowledge those who aren't fucking up the program. I basically show up to work everyday now to put in the bare minimum and collect a paycheck. I'd love to moved far away from here by April.

I was thinking about the Oregon/Washington area, maybe even Nevada. But really, I'd be open to moving anywhere at this point and working for any company as long as the pay was fair, the area had at least some variety of stuff to do, and there's some hope of finding some girls to kick it with.

Open-ended, but I'm just perusing job boards endlessly and hoping to find something worthwhile. Totally open to suggestion.
>>
>>1748975
I work for a top shipping company in the transportation & logistics divisions. If you have any questions, let me know.
>>
>>1748975
I live in a mountain town too.

where you don't lose your girl, you just lose your turn.

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to stop by and sympathize. life up here isn't bad, you just have to lower your expectations.
>>
>>1748975
Join me.
It will suck your soul out and some of the reports of awful work conditions are half-true, but you'll start at 12.50 on nights and the only thing you ever have to do to fly under the radar is the absolute bare minimum of work.

Being forklift experienced means that even as a tier 1 you'll probably have something cushy to do rather than shitty and with 5 years in inventory management you'll become a tier 3 before the end of the year and be comparatively rolling in it.
Google amazon.jobs.

It's so fucking easy to just cruise and not give a single FUCK about building performance since you're one of 2000+ people in the building. Sometimes I feel guilty about how little I care.
>>
>>1749622
Oh, I'll note that I was guaranteed raises at 6mo increments and in 3 years capped out at 14.75/hr. And I have AMZN RSUs that are granted basically yearly. And all I do is show up and fucking trudge.
>>
Dude that is literally welfare wage
>>
>>1748975
>14.50
>Six years later
Dude what a massive waste of potential
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.