[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do to learn all the shit people talk about on business/economics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: u9RNFPA.jpg (496KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
u9RNFPA.jpg
496KB, 1936x2592px
What do I do to learn all the shit people talk about on business/economics news shows? I have no idea what interest is, or mortgage, or premiums, is there some kind of video series or a book to get started? Thanks.
>>
>>1746854
Investopedia . Forbes?
>>
>>1746854
Google it. Just take it term by term. Take notes if you have to, to connect the pieces
>>
>>1746864
I don't even know the terms.
>>
>>1746854
>>1746868
read through this and look up every term you don't know
http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=11725725&RcvdDate=12/7/2016&CoName=LULULEMON%20ATHLETICA%20INC.&FormType=10-Q&View=html

also look at call, put, long and short options, market makers, equilibriums and reflexivity in economics

that will probably cover a good 10%

In general everything makes some sort of sense in terms of basic economics and mathematics. Usually revolving around the supply and demand of everything, not just commodities but less tangible things like capital. The market can behave irrationally but it can never stray too far from economic reality, market irrationality can also be studied. At a certain level you can gain a good impression of whether something is a bubble or not and how it will behave. Also read this I guess.

http://www.r-5.org/files/books/trading/speculation/Jesse_Livermore-How_To_Trade_In_Stocks_(1940_original)-EN.pdf
>>
>>1746854
khan academy
>>
>>1746868
well start with the ones u listed dumbass
>>
>>1746854
Stop being a fucking retard you faggot
>>
>>1746854

Op, it's simple. I'm going to ask you a questing, how much money is in your pocket?

$7?

No, how much money is really in your pocket?

$13

You've got $7, a social security number,and a penis, you're what the market calls a "cheesecake"

You are worth $13 to what we refer to as "dad"

"Dad" wants you in his timeout because you've been a terrible son.

You like to go to "mom" because you do not like timeout, however, "mom" smiles as she throws you out after taking you because she's on a "diet"

a "diet" is where the "cheesecake" is put back in the oven to cook some more for "dad"

Do you understand more now Op?
>>
>>1747741
Did you remember to take your meds?
>>
>>1747745

> meds

there hasn't been a reason to invest in "meds" in 2 years
>>
Bumping

>>1746899
Not op but thanks for this.
>>
Forget the terms and whatnot, what anyone needs is how people sift through the enormous pile of BS to find stocks and investments that are worth it. Look at all the charts you want, it isnt gonna help you if theres been quarterly lackluster reports. With big companies you can do this but for smaller companies its harder.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.