[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What trade to get into? Hi /biz/ I thought this would be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1482174555498.jpg (33KB, 452x423px) Image search: [Google]
1482174555498.jpg
33KB, 452x423px
What trade to get into?
Hi /biz/ I thought this would be the best place to find help. I have been a mailman, worked in office jobs, retail, and hospitality and I want a career in the trades (tried to be a cop and ws rejected in my application). What would be the best one for the future and what is the best way to get into them? Most "helper" positions require me to have experience in the field but I thought helper positions were the bottom barrel? I would appreciate the help!
>>
>>1746790
Welding is easy to get into and in demand (locally at least)
>>
>>1746804
>>>1746790 (OP) (You)
>Welding is easy to get into and in demand (locally at least)
How do you get into it?
>>
>>1746790

Electrician, plumber types are typically good trades. Employer pays your formation and pay you like shit for 2 years. Then you're all set to scam morrons on your own ;) These are best because people have to rely on what you tell them and are usually in a situation that need to be resolved quickly. Not glamorous but easy money
>>
>>1746976
Trade school
>>
>>1746986
>>>1746790 (OP) (You)
>Electrician, plumber types are typically good trades. Employer pays your formation and pay you like shit for 2 years. Then you're all set to scam morrons on your own ;) These are best because people have to rely on what you tell them and are usually in a situation that need to be resolved quickly. Not glamorous but easy money
But how do you find a Employer who would be willing to take you on with 0 experience? Or how to get my foot in the door? Do I need trade school or something ?
>>
>>1747020

If you don't know anyone you may want to go through a school first. Finding an employer will be easier that way because the school will set you up. Also, its better for the company financially. But if you get into the school it should be easy from there, people are not really rushing for these jobs
>>
Telecomm work is the best kept secret trade. Good money and its not back breaking work.
>>
>>1747020

I know how it works in my country and its basically a 2 years apprenticeship, very easy to get into. Look up how it works in yours

If you work before you can even pretend to a grant for reconversion sometimes
>>
>>1747029
Hmm the only problem is that I knew there were programs that allowed you to be trained while getting payed... School wouldn't allow me to do that
>>
>>1746790
>I thought this would be the best place to find help

>seeking career advice from chronically unemployed minors.
>>
>>1747147

If it is a trade it does, in France at least. It's on the basis of 2 days school 7 days working or something like that.
>>
>>1746790

Civil Project Engineer here.

Top of scale on down:

Elevator Technician
Electrician
Plumber
Welder

The rest are shit. Trade school costs money. Look for a union who will pay you to go to school (literally).
>>
>>1747275
This, ESPECIALLY if you get union sponsorship. Union tradesmen get paid better, and work on cooler projects. My dad is a union electrician and works at a Google server farm. He got to eat fucking swordfish for lunch the other day.
>>
>>1746790
The goal of trades work is to advance from labor to sales, estimating, management, or ownership.

As an employee laborer in trades your pay depends on supply and demand. The harder it is to get into a trade, the more you'll be paid in general.

If you advance beyond labor then your pay depends almost entirely on the size of the company and your performance. Meaning it doesn't matter in the slightest at that point which trade you chose.
>>
>>1747340

Your pay does not depends on how hard it is but on supply and demand. Of course if the sector is very competitive then getting a job gets harder but it is more about the difference between the trades that have so much work they can afford to turn some down and the ones where tons of applicants with the same profiles
>>
>>1747357
>does not depends on how hard it is but on supply and demand
you don't see any connection between how difficult it is to enter a trade and how many people will be able to enter it (supply)?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.