[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: My habits after a few years of trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3028.jpg (51KB, 430x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3028.jpg
51KB, 430x322px
Every month I cut off a significant portion of my paycheck for investments of my own -
>For every $10 in a trade I make, I buy that many penny stocks
>usually results in a couple hundred buys of varying amounts that cost me essentially nothing
>a good chunk of them have risen to the $1-$2 range after a couple years after a friend convinced me to do it
>collectively have made a thousand or two in the last year off of literally buying blind

What do you gamble on the side while you're investing?
>>
>>1743570
>buy cheap options contracts for things people think will never happen
>when they do happen collect exercise the contract and earn huge profits.
>>
>>1743580
Explain?
>>
>>1743584
The current share price of wells fargo is $54

Lets say that I buy a call contract on well's fargo stock with a strike price of $54

Any time in the next six months I can exercise my option to buy 100 shares at $50 regardless of the current market price of Well's Fargo stock.

Then the share price goes up to $120

I can exercise my option buy the shares at $50 and then sell them for $120

Whats even better is markets tend to price options very cheap on things they believe will never happen. So an option like that would be likely to be sold for pennies on the dollar. Such as 0.11 per share
>>
>>1743580
>post a strategy that is straight out of an options textbook
>appear smart on /biz/
>>
>>1743612
>Whats even better is markets tend to price options very cheap on things they believe will never happen

I believe you are wrong there. The value of these "long shot" options have risen drastically over the last few years. As Lewis writes in the Big Short, some of those bets wouldn't have been possible today as they would have been prohibitively expensive.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.