[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a semi-professional healthcare job without 8 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: img.php.jpg (26KB, 630x427px) Image search: [Google]
img.php.jpg
26KB, 630x427px
How do I get a semi-professional healthcare job without 8 years in med school?

Are there, say, year long courses for hospital assistant jobs, or pharmaceutical industry stuff?

It seems like a good field to be involved in. Always in demand, fairly mobile, high pay, and high prestige, unless you're a male nurse.
>>
>>1743463
>and high prestige, unless you're a male nurse.

You know nurses don't just take your blood right?

You could be a nurse who's a Surgeon's assistant.
>>
Im planning on becoming a Physicians Assistant. Only needs Master's Degree and has median salary of about $98,000
>>
>>1743470
I'm sure they do serious work, it's just that the job title is feminine by default in English, and people joke about it. Since I am incredibly capricious and superficial, I am ruling out nursing as a possible career choice.
>>
>>1743484
People might joke about it, but it requires almost as much school as a doc. Also, male nurses drown in pussy.
>>
>>1743512
That actually sounds likely, due to demographics. Fox in the henhouse sort of situation.
>>
>>1743512
Not really. Nurses still flock around the actual doctors.
>>
>>1743463
Pharmacy technician.
Learn on the job at a community pharmacy and then start applying to hospitals after u have experience.
>>
>>1743607
Pharmacy technicians make shit though and there is no room for growth except with more education
>>
File: 1483168796662.jpg (139KB, 865x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1483168796662.jpg
139KB, 865x1069px
Go to school if you want the prestige and money.

Otherwise just go EMT/paramedic.
>>
>>1743463

CRNA
6 years
$120,000+ starting
>>
>>1743463
Sleep Tech. Figure out whatever cracker-jack certification you need to get qualified.

You want to shoot for owning the place.

It's a hotel where you pay nurses $11/hr to put some probes on fat people, and watch them sleep. Then you come in once a week, confirm in your most doctory doctorness than yes, they are indeed all fat and have problems sleeping... and you have little squigglies to prove it.

Then you charge their insurance company $10,000. Times 4 rooms every time you open the clinic.
>>
>>1743463
After the first 3 years of med school you will be working as a medical intern (read - doctor)

Don't let the whole 8 years meme scare you if you want to practice medicine
>>
>>1743687
>It's a hotel where you pay nurses $11/hr to put some probes on fat people, and watch them sleep. Then you come in once a week, confirm in your most doctory doctorness than yes, they are indeed all fat and have problems sleeping... and you have little squigglies to prove it.

lol
>>
Medical Assistant seems legit. It has roughly 8-10 times the amount of jobs on Indeed than almost any other job. You get PCE you can use to later be a Physician Assistant. It doesn't pay great but If 16 bucks an hour isn't enough for you Lord Fauntleroy then screw off.

I don't think its inherently feminine sounding but I don't know.

>>1743617
Obviously, its only meant as a pathway toward Pharmacist.
>>
>>1743705
Would I be getting paid, though?

I'm also 25. Who hires a 33 year old doctor that has the experience of a 26 year old doctor?
>>
X-ray technicians, laboratory technicians, and biomedical engineering technologists. These are 2-3 year programs that are offered by vocational schools. They are in demand and offer solid middle-class salaries.

Pharmacy technician is not a real profession. It is unfortunate that diploma mills have convinced people they need to go to school for this, I truly feel sorry for anyone who has paid money for these programs. Working as a pharmacy tech will not help you become a pharmacist, if that is what you want you need to go to university.
>>
>>1743705
>8 years

I'm assuming he doesn't have a bachelors degree yet. You need to spend 4 years working your ass off getting top grades in a respectable scientific program before you can apply to med school, and even then there is very little chance he will get in, especially if he is a white male.
>>
>>1745566
How do you become a pharmacy technician then?
>>
>>1745553

I work at a hospital, nobody cares about your age.
>>
>>1745595
How was the student experience? From what I know it's a slog.
>>
>>1745582
apply to cvs
>>
Registered Nurse. 2 years associates + licensing test. 65k avg/year
>>
>>1743512
>but it requires almost as much school as a doc.
what ?

In what shithole country can you become a medical doctor in 2-3 years ?
>>
>>1743463

You can do pharma sales or medical device sales. In many cases you can make a lot of money and get inside doctors offices and operating rooms to see things first hand.
>>
>>1745582
That's the point, you don't. There are plenty of other minimum wage jobs that don't require an expensive diploma.
>>
>>1745827
AFAIK you can get a degree in 5 years in Europe. Then internships, but the main degree is over.
>>
>>1746046
In most of the EU it's at least 8 years to become a fully licensed MD. There's a huge difference between 2-3 years and 5-12years (potentially more) ... especially if you live in burgerland where each additional year of tuition will require you to mortgage your house or sell a kidney
>>
>>1745553
>would I be getting paid
Yes, medical interns make a shitty salary but they make a salary. They're still working really hard work weeks doing doctor things while learning/going to lectures.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.