[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you motivate yourself to do stuff? How do you ignore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1481173752868.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1481173752868.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
How do you motivate yourself to do stuff?

How do you ignore society telling you you've got to read that book, or act that way, or do whatever or else you're a pleb?

How do you pass job interviews when all the interviewers are normie candidates being interviewed by their normie clones?
>>
>>1742993
>How do you motivate yourself to do stuff?
I put it into my phone calendar. Stuff from my calendar gets done.

>How do you ignore society telling you you've got to read that book, or act that way, or do whatever or else you're a pleb?
I'm too old to care about that. I remember caring about not looking poor back when I was actually poor. I guess my advice is don't be poor.

>How do you pass job interviews when all the interviewers are normie candidates being interviewed by their normie clones?
Haven't been on an interview for a long time, I'm pretty much fucked if I ever need to look for another job.
>>
Mostly anger. I get a lot of shit done when I am spring cleaning, which is infuriating. I spend half the time destroying objects I cannot believe I own.

I then re-evaluate my life and often have surprisingly clear and decisive thoughts on what I should do, which guide me for months afterwards.

Then I lose motivation and start building a cocoon again, and the cycle repeats.

To stimulate cleansing anger, I recommend spicy food.
>>
>>1742993
Amphetamines and the crippling fear of being poor like I was in my childhood

>How do you ignore society telling you you've got to read that book, or act that way, or do whatever or else you're a pleb?
Because fighting it will only make your life more difficult. Adults just do things because they have to, and they don't refuse to just because they don't like it.

>How do you pass job interviews when all the interviewers are normie candidates being interviewed by their normie clones?
I maintain steady eye contact, laugh at their jokes, occasionally take notes, and ask responsive questions.
>>
>>1742993
Self determination and self actuation. Decide what you find fulfilling - not necessarily happy, happiness is overrated - and plan to make it happen. At the point your life becomes a series of past successes and future goals you'll be difficult to stop.

Don't worry too much about being a normie in interviews. Just demonstrate you have skills and a work ethic, if you fail an interview for not laughing heartily enough at the interviewers gay jokes then the job wasn't a match for you anyway.
>>
read steven pressfield's the war of art. its abit of a memebook but just read it and reread it, it'll be a net positive on your life.
>>
>>1742993

Teach yourself to love what you do. Find enjoyment or satisfaction in a job well done. It's like the meme "do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life!" Except that you choose what you love, and choose something that makes you money.

I'm in the top 90 percent of income earners, and I'm only 25. I don't give a shit if some chode calls me a pleb. I will say that you do have to learn to act a certain way though. You need to act professional and dress accordingly, but reading a book doesn't make you patrician, being rich and influential does.

Become a normie yourself. Or at least until the interview is over. Work out every day, make small talk with strangers in public, read the 48 Laws of Power. That's what worked for me when I was a wage cuck.
>>
>>1742993
Grenade in asshole that goes off if I stop moving. It becomes disarmed after 14 hours
>>
>>1742993
I use a method known as "jumping into the cold water". When I know I have to do something important, I force myself to do it immediately, before I can come up with excuses as to why it can wait. Only exceptions are when my schedule absolutely doesn't allow it or when I know for a fact that I am pre-occupied with something more important.

That's actually fairly difficult, especially when you don't naturally have that mindset that you generally do what you want. After dealing with a period of depression I had decided to make decisions that are first and foremost best for me and make me happy. When you are convinced you're doing things for the right reasons it becomes less important to you what others think about it.

One of my acquaintances specialized in training people for job interviews, he actually does it professionally. When it comes to communicating with people he is exceptionally talented, but that is also something he has worked on for years. If you find a person like that they can teach you all you need to know and prepare you for job interviews as if you were a normie. Tip: Practice the job interviews with normies.
>>
File: 1475205218774.jpg (693KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1475205218774.jpg
693KB, 2048x1367px
I spent a good 5 years of my life out of high school being a faggot that never got anything done. In early 2015 I was going through an existential crisis, constantly thinking about how much of piece of shit I was and that if I died I would leave behind only disappointment. One day I was on a /fit/ thread about inspiration and read this story that actually inspired me to lose weight and make some lifestyle changes. 8 months later I was down 50 lbs and now almost 2 years later I'm on track to a career as an author.

You gotta find what's important to you in your life and you gotta chip away at your bad habits one day at a time. I believe you can get on the right path, anon. You just gotta want it and work hard.
>>
>>1743641
Oh and about the interview stuff: jus b urself. Seriously though. If you're actually qualified for a position just communicate that as much as possible. Remember that employers hire on qualification and retain on performance. Be confident and concise and you should be good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.