[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEM or trade??? HELP ME /biz/, I'm 18, I have 2k in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images (25).jpg (13KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
13KB, 275x224px
STEM or trade???

HELP ME /biz/, I'm 18, I have 2k in my savings account but I'm unemployed, odds are if I go for that STEM degree I'll drown myself in debt, but would it pay off? My mum says STEM and my dad says trade... who's advice do I take??? This shit is driving me fucking insane I REALLY don't want to make a mistake...
>>
>>1742963
suck a dick whenever you doubt, for $ that is
>>
You'll always make mistakes along the way, that's called 'life'.
Don't let your parents decide for you, both are ok choices, pick the one you're more comfortable with. STEM has probably more stability long term.

If I were you I would STEM and trade in your free time.

t. STEM bach.
>>
>>1742963
They would both pay off, it's a matter of what you want to do.

Did you get good grades in school, especially in math and science? If you think you can handle four years of college level math then as long as long as you go to a relatively cheap school, then you'll be able to repay your loans no prob.

The trades route is legit as well, especially if you don't want to do 4 years of schiik. I'm an engineer in construction, and there are plenty of tradesmen that make more than me, but they work 12 to 14 hour days in rain and snow while I sit in the office crunching numbers on spread sheets.

Whichever one you choose, just remember you're gonna have to move around to where there's a demand for you. I have some friends that went to school for trades and STEM but never ended up working their degree because they didn't want to leave their Podunk town.
>>
>>1742963
Trade or finance major.

STEM is a meme.
>>
>>1742987
forgot to say

t. STEM meme major with a meme cuck salary
>>
>>1742986
P.s. I posted pretty much the same thread 7 years ago on 7chan and the advice I got convinced me to go into engineering. It's a scary time, but you're young, you have plenty of time to figure things out :)
>>
>>1742988
I moved from Maine to North Dakota and went from making 50k to 140k, plus I get to make high level business and design decisions now. There is such a shortage of qualified people in the oil fields, it's insane.
>>
>>1742988
What did you study friendo
>>
Study stem at community/state College for the low
>>
>>1743306
nuclear engineering meme

there's literally zero jobs for my profession that I chose when I was 18. Fuck me right?!
>>
Reminder that "STEM" is a term invented by HR to make it easier to get more people to join formerly high paying jobs and drive wages down to nothing. If you still call it that then you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>1743548
Science-meme tier
Technology-close enough to meme tier
Engineering-100% meme'd
Mathematics-Depends on what kind of math. Math is a meme in general and only exists in our heads anyways just like memes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.