[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a fair judgement to say that any job that pays over 50k/yr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is it a fair judgement to say that any job that pays over 50k/yr will drug test you? Will I be subjected to a hair follicle test? I legitimately don't want a job where I have to take random drug tests.

I don't drink, but I live in a legal state and I'd like to use my vaporizer or eat an edible on the weekend to relax. I don't understand how alcohol, in any amount, can be so accepted in society but marijuana, in any amount, is considered absolutely deplorable.
>>
Pro tip: don't do drugs. Just find another way to relax.
>>
pro tip 2 : try r9k
>>
It's quite the opposite in general. I've actually never had a drug test for any job I've ever held after college. Including my current company that's a Fortune 500 company in the in financial field.

I actually don't know any job that is over 50k a year that does that isn't law enforcement / military.
>>
>>1742462
I've only had one job drug test me, and that was a hair test for an entry level job with a large company.

All of the jobs I've had since then have never had drug tests, have specifically said not to include pot related convictions on the application, and have had co-workers who use pot in a responsible manner.

Unless you are operating heavy machinery, or just starting out, I don't think people care as long as you can get your work done.
>>
>>1742478
>I actually don't know any job that is over 50k a year that does that isn't law enforcement / military

I'm an electrician making $80k+ and we're tested randomly, plus all apprentices are required to take yearly drug tests. Most other trades probably operate quite similarly.
>>
>>1742469
>Shit life
>Contribute to society
>Just BEE urself hehexd

Fuck off
>>
>>1742509

Can confirm. Dad is a welder and says they're subject to random drug tests.
>>
>>1742509
I take that back then. I do recall my trades friends talking about drug tests, they know about them well in advance though.
>>
>>1742534
>>>/r9k/
>>
Fuck off. There's a reason they call it dope you dope
>>
File: 129791361374.png (295KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
129791361374.png
295KB, 385x383px
If you don't know how to use synthetic piss or someone else's for drug tests, you're not smart enough to get a job that pays that well anyways.

Hair follicle tests sound like some bullshit though
>>
>>1742462
It isn't the money, its the profession. Any blue collar job you can bet does pre-employment testing and randoms. White collar isn't nearly as strict. Most that do will just involve pre-employment and if you get hurt.
>>
>>1742462
Depends on the job. White collar jobs almost never drug test. Blue collar ones have drug tests. A lot of entry-level jobs for big corporations have drug screening to weed out the idiots.

I've never taken a drug test for work.
>>
>>1742462
I work for the district attorney's office, make about 80k/year before taxes, and I've never been drug tested.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.