[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So lets say ethereum is successful...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 14552266437_2cbcc8aa41.jpg (17KB, 492x452px) Image search: [Google]
14552266437_2cbcc8aa41.jpg
17KB, 492x452px
If people start making their own coins on top of ethereum, what makes THE ETHEREUM COIN valuable? why is ETHER useful?

Especially if they go proof-of-stake, then that means no one has to mine (spend money) to make more ether, so even if inflation is only 2% it doesnt matter because no one is spending money to create it.
>>
Because it is gas.
>>
also wondering this..
please some smartfag reply,

if I am interested in a project that is using ethereum but making their own coin and I think the project will be successful..

should I invest in ETC or the new coin or a?

will the new project make ETC more valuable or should I just invest in the new coin assuming the success of the project will pump this coin and not ETC?

thanks for the input!
>>
>>1741794
>etc or the new coin or both**
>>
Nothing. ETH is a dead meme. Everything with work as BTC sidechains.
>>
Ether is going to become the token that secures the network in the future when the network moves to proof of stake. Vitalik is cutting out the jew miners from the equation so that only true holders can mine the network. No more selfish mining nonsense. Validators will have much more "money" at stake and their incentives will be aligned with the rest of the holders. Once the retard altcoin gamblers realize that ether is the only token (buttcoin has no utility other than everyone else agrees it's worth something cuz of muh network effects) with any actual utility, the price will 5x
>>
>>1741952
By "secure", it means that the price of the token is directly proportional to the cost of attacking the network. If any serious institution wants to secure their shit on the ethereum blockchain, they'll buy/hoard ether and make sure no one can fuck with the network. Vitalik is going to be insanely rich if this all works out
>>
>>1741952
>>1741967

Thanks for your insights. When I see these explanations I always get a feeling like the logic is going in circles with the price/security relationship, but I cant really explain it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.