[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on apartment alternatives. I'm 22 and have $20,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1484200736355.jpg (747KB, 564x770px) Image search: [Google]
1484200736355.jpg
747KB, 564x770px
Redpill me on apartment alternatives.

I'm 22 and have $20,000 in the bank. I could happily survive indefinitely without working if I could find some basic way of securing my things and sleeping.

My list of possessions:

Laptop and power cable
A small assortment of clothes
Phone and charger
Some canned/dry food

That's it.

Given that I don't care about having electricity, running water, air conditioning, internet, etc in my living space but want to be in a city (need everything to be in walkable distance), what are my options?

Basically, I need a lockable door that I have 24/7 access to. There is NO WAY that this requires $500+ a month. NO FUCKING WAY.

What are your ideas?
>>
>>1740126

You could go into the national forest and set up a tent.

you could get a van.

I live in Cumming btw. where u at?

i think theres a LOT of Georgians on /b/
>>
>>1740135
I just graduated from Georgia Tech and I'm just not into the job world. I turned down a $65,000 offer in Chattanooga a couple weeks ago because...why.

I work 50 hours a week and get a fucking apartment out of it. All I want to do is chill and read chemistry textbooks. I can be some /biz/ investment faggot and retire when I'm 45 if I play my cards right, fucking cool.

Anyway yeah. The girl I lost to my virginity to was from Cumming, I thought that was hilarious. I'm in Marietta now at my parents' house while I keep my job search going.

I actually have a car that my parents gave me (I don't know if they'd let me keep it if I became a bum) but what scares me about vehicles is maintenance issues. My dream is to be independent of any possible large expenses. $20,000 would last you FOREVER if your only expenses are cheap food, laundry, and you're bumming free public wifi.
>>
>>1740145

I see.

I was where you are 3 years ago. Not motivated by money just wanted to be free and wanted to chill.

I ended up getting into a trade. Started my own LLC. I work about 20 hours a week. Make my own schedule and earn $50+ per hour. I would recommend this track over trying to basically be a vagrant.
>>
>>1740229
what trade?
>>
>>1740249
Pipe polishing
>>
File: maga thumbs up.jpg (63KB, 596x720px) Image search: [Google]
maga thumbs up.jpg
63KB, 596x720px
>>1740364
>>
>>1740364
>Pipe polishing
How much capital did you need to start your own LLC for that? What kind of training?
>>
File: 1483599563122.jpg (44KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483599563122.jpg
44KB, 480x600px
>>1740436
>$11.99 for nice kneepads
> $1.99 mouth wash
> $1.50 for large cucumber for training

Love when someone gets motivated to change their life. Fly high bro, fly free.
>>
>>1740126

With $20000 I could make $500 a month through the market.
>>
>>1740126
So you're a late bloomer I see.

I've got 200,000+ in the bank at 23. I've been working in tech since I was 19.
>>
>>1740461
Well LARP'd my friend
>>
>>1740463
I'm being completely serious. It's not that hard if you skip college.

Basically learnt programming in high school by the time I was 18 I was job ready because I was already involved in so many projects some of them were my own and some were just me volunteering a few lines of code onlnie. My cousin was already working for a start up and the founder was basically in love with her and he managed to hire me from then on I had my foot in the door and basically could do whatever I wanted.
>>
>>1740473
The reason why skipping college is important is because college is 4-5 years, assuming an average income of 65k per year that's 260k that was wasted while you got drunk and partied some of the most important/productive years away..
>>
You are really forcing your life story
Into this thread huh
>>
>>1740145
20 grand isnt even a fucking ER bill if you ever have an accident or heart attack
>>
Make a box that's 10 feet wide, 10 feet long, 4 feet deep - ask /diy/ for help.
Bury it underground and install a door. This is your new 'home'.
>>
>>1740364
Fucking lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.