[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/, I need career advice. Is it reasonable to think I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1058.png (312KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1058.png
312KB, 600x598px
So /biz/, I need career advice. Is it reasonable to think I can get a bachelors degree in economics, get the necessary certifications, and become a financial advisor?
>>
no

fuck you
>>
>>1739986
Kys fat nigger
>>
>>1739983
A degree gets you shit. Econometrics is a much more needed degree, if you just learn econ 101 what do you have to offer?
>>
>>1739992
I only need a bachelors in economics to be eligible to get the certifications. I can get any bachelors degree.
>>
Financial Advisor is simply a sales role, no econ really needed. Just be good with pulling the wool over the eyes of 40-60 year olds.

Also, listen to
>>1739992

Go for econometrics if you can, and if not dual major in cs and econ. If you can't do that, get a degree in econ, and pick up a programming language in your free time, and at least learn SQL. Tableau, SAS, R, etc. are even better.

Most analytic positions are looking for a finance/econ degree, and just KNOWLEDGE of SQL and somewhat advanced database work. Learn that part on your own for way cheaper.
>>
If you aren't already interning at a fa firm then you need to major in econometrics.
-Econ major
>>
>>1740003
I have to have a BA to get some of the certifications necessary to become a financial advisor.
>>
>>1740011
Which certs? Are we talking about your Series, or a CFP? What sort of financial advisor are we talking about here?

It's still a sales job, though. You have to be cool with kicking down doors and doing cold calls.
>>
>>1740018
CFP and Series. I know a guy who used to be a financial advisor in Atlanta. He had a BA in history, his series and CFP. He also made plenty of money.
>>
>>1740027
Ah, yes, you need a bachelors in literally anything for your CFP cert. Econ is generally the best prep for it, but like you said, it can be anything.

Anyone can take their Series with a FINRA sponsorship. I knew someone who got their Series 7 and 66 out of high school who works where I work. I have my Series 7 and 66, but don't work as a broker anymore since taking a job elsewhere in the firm. The tests are stupidly easy, and I got paid to study for it full-time when I got it.

Also, as a general rule, if a firm requires a Series for any role and doesn't pay you to just study for it and not work while studying, look for another job at another firm. Don't get cucked into studying for a Series on your own time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.