[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding a Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Linkedin-vector-logo-400x400.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Linkedin-vector-logo-400x400.png
9KB, 400x400px
So here's the deal. I just graduated from a not great MBA program in December. I've just started to really wade into the job search. What are your best job searching tips?

I'm thinking of getting in contact with as many local recruiters as possible in addition to applying to anything I'm remotely interested in online. I'm trying to average 10 applications per day.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>1739520
you are fucked. if you didn't have a job already aligned, your chances are slim to none. that's why internships are for.

try mcdonals, or costco.
>>
MBA is worthless unless your employer encouraged you to go to get promoted and will pay for it if you come back to them.
>>
Did you do any internship or part time jobs before?
>If no, take any job you can and keep applying until you find a job better suited to your qualifications. Take in priority the jobs using any kind of ERP or software.
>If yes, and you still can't find anything increase the area of research (or see above).
>>
>>1739660
not so, there's lots of MBA internship programs that aren't particularly competitive at most large firms

but if you didn't bother with any of those then gg
>>
>not doing internship while in school

kys
>>
>>1739520
i just regged with linked in. what can i expect, serious job offers or just bullshit advertising?
>>
>>1739520
Go back to your school and find what kind of resources they have for career placement. Maybe there are some alumni they can put you in contact with or they can alert you to recruiting opportunities at your school. You need to make a personal connection with someone at the company you want to work at. You will get zero call backs just applying for things online if you are applying for jobs that are actually good. The people who get these good jobs have had someone who works at the company tell HR to move their resume to the top of the stack.
>>
>>1739520
You got a MBA before planning a career...?

The fuck dude?
>>
as an economics undergrad, would you guys recommend pursuing a master's in economics over an mba? specialize or diversify?
>>
>>1741673
I think an MBA would be more in demand, however you should really find a job first. Just having an MBA or other Master's doesn't mean you'll find a job. Get some experience and preferably find a job that will pay for you to go get your MBA or whatever.
>>
>>1741673
Learn SQL, Tableau, SAS, R, etc. on your own time.

An econ major who knows his way around a database will make 20-30k more. You don't even need a formal education to back it up.

t. I did this and make way more now.
>>
>>1741673
I do believe a PhD in Economics was called the best overall degree by Forbes, that + >>1742264
= fucking yooge stacks of cash. But yeah, hope you like math.
>>
You get an MBA when your company wants you to move into management, not before you have your first job.
>>
>>1741560
This is the truth. I would apply for 100 jobs per month and would be lucky enough to get 1 interview/month. Then, I'd go to them, and they'd pretty much ask "are you the internal candidate?" "No" "okay know anyone in the company?" "No". "Hahaha oh look, this is the one who *applied online*!" You get treated like trash when you apply online.
>>
Sorry to highjack OP's thread, but I currently do management in retail and got promoted pretty rapidly. However I only make 41k and I'm not sure how to find a regular office cuck job that pays that much without experience, any advice or routes?
>>
>>1742654
Be a broker. Really easy to do.
>>
Apply less, apply better. Ihad an interview only when I rewrite my cover letter from the begiinning for any single vacancy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.