[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $55,000 in cash just sitting in my bank account. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1409982304350.jpg (127KB, 988x783px) Image search: [Google]
1409982304350.jpg
127KB, 988x783px
I have $55,000 in cash just sitting in my bank account. What would be a good way to use this money to make more money? I'm mainly looking for something to invest in that isn't highly volatile, low risk and low reward, if I beat inflation I'd consider that a win.

Pls help, I am new to this
>>
Silver/Gold

You will beat fiat in the end.

Real stuff though not the ETF bullshit.
>>
>>1737648
What about buying stock in some dinosaur company that isn't going away any time soon, like Coca Cola or Exxon Mobil? Something that pays dividends?

I was thinking at least some Exxon Mobil since I figure Trump is going to be pro-oil company here pretty soon and they pay dividends
>>
Invest in safe stocks. Large insurance banks and energy. The salmon industry is growing rapidly at the moment. Also invest a few percents in some good penny stocks like TBIO or RNVA, which will gain atleast 40 percent within a month.
>>
buy trumpcoin
>>
>>1737648
This. If you are willing to work at it start studying personal finance and tax law. It can be entertaining and you can take your time. If not then your best bet is dumping in some meme tear rents or stock dividends. But seriously if you aren't going to learn anything or convert it to valuables that are not money you may as well thwlrow it in the trash
>>
>>1737645
Safest to beat inflation: bonds
For best results and safe in the long run: stock index

>>1737648
Maybe
>>1737657
NO
>>1737711
NO
>>1737725
(You) (NO)
>>1739303
NO
>>
>>1737645
open a forex account and trade
>>
>>1739306
i thought the current bond market would struggle to keep pace with inflation, since the rates are set to rise quicker.

metals would be interesting, more industrial though if we are entering a infrastructure push
>>
>>1737711
>The salmon industry is growing
Salmon shill detected. That entire industry could be wiped out with a salmon plague of some kind. I would roll with the tuna industry. As they over fish and deplete demand will rise.
>>
>>1737645
Buy bitcoin now
>>
>>1737645
Just put it in a diversified index fund and forget about it. Or if you're in an area with a relatively low cost of living and you're not planning to leave in the next few years, that could be a 20% down on a house.
>>
>>1737645
Mutual funds
>>
>>1737645
TIPS or some market neutral fund.
>>
>>1737648
>ETF bullshit

I've made thousands on silver 1:152

stop being a fucking pussy
>>
>>1737645
>low risk low reward
bonds but they will continue to lose value because of interest rates
that leaves
>medium risk with resistance to interest rates, medium reward
real estate funds
>medium risk high reward
index funds

My suggestion is going 35k index fund and rest in a REIT
>>
>>1737645
You want the most boring, reliable investments in existence? Government bonds.

Prepared to aim a little higher? Whole market tracker fund and sit on it for decades.
>>
>>1739793
>Government bonds.
>Safe

Implying Government can afford to pay them back
>>
>>1739727
How do you even Invest in index funds? The only ways I can find to invest in ETF's are either Huge minimum Investments or on day trading apps that charge overnight premiums
>>
>>1737645
>my only goal is beat inflation
Just go buy some TIPS and fuck off
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.