[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Opportunity: LA/Long Beach Longshoreman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: casuallottery.jpg (143KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
casuallottery.jpg
143KB, 720x960px
This was published today in local papers. The last time they did a public lottery was 2004. If you're an able bodied man, I suggest you get in on this.
>>
>>1727232
The only time I ever cried watching TV was for the season 2 finale of The Wire. The final vestiges of the white working class. Maybe Trump will help. Who knows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO40ansNU8
>>
>>1727232
Yikes. What a long posting. Mail a postcard?

My dad works at a union steel plant. They have lotteries like this every few years and the only way to apply is through the state employment office. It's an archaic way of hiring.
>>
>>1727338
You sound like a faggot and an idiot. Your steelworker dad is probably ashamed of you.
>>
>>1727232
Care to explain what the fuss is? Is the payment so high?
>>
>>1727424
Yes because you die fifteen years or so too early from mesothelioma and shit like that. Worth it though. Everyone's got to go sometime. Plus there's a lot of journeyman stuff that goes on. I know more than a few mostly unskilled guys who ended up in the yards and worked their way up.
>>
I have TWIC clearance
>>
>>1727424
Yes the pay is very good.

>>1727444
Actually its amazing how many old timers are alive and still working and not dead from lung cancer. It's hard to advance because there are so many baby boomers in the 60s and 70s still operating cranes and bossing.

>>1727449
Just say you have a TWIC card. You're not Jack Bauer.
>>
File: 1385422491845.jpg (125KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
1385422491845.jpg
125KB, 1024x678px
>>1727324
I feel you there. Also: The best season because it was White.
>>
>>1727469
>$40 is unheard of for labor on the west coast
I knew things were bad there but I didn't realize they were that bad.
>>
>>1727573
>$40 is unheard of for labor on the west coast

Who said that?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.