[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit Unions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: NavyFederalCreditUnion.jpg (350KB, 938x544px) Image search: [Google]
NavyFederalCreditUnion.jpg
350KB, 938x544px
Opinions on Credit Unions? Any experiences with them to share?
>>
>>1726006
No reason not to keep your checking and savings there. They offer lower rates on loans too. Less/cheaper fees (shouldn't be getting those anyway) and they will refund on the off chance something fucks up.
>>
>>1726006
banks
>hidden fees out the ass

credit unions
>zero problems, bro-tier
>>
>>1726018
This. I have been banking with a union since grade school (savings). Though it blows due to limited location,their service makes up for it. Everyone knows my name. I've had an account there for 20 years now
>>
>>1726018
You only get hit with hidden fees if you're a fucking idiot, to be fair
>>
>>1726023

Yeah, I'm liking my current Credit Union.
>>
>>1726034
Ive only been with 2 credit unions but Ive heard enough from my friends / gf.

Mainly about Wells Fargo
>>
>>1726058
Chase is an amazing bank, never had problems with it
>>
>>1726006
All banks are near collapse, these included.
>>
>>1726085
Get gold and silver mate.
>>
>>1726090
If you're talking to me, I'm way ahead of you.
>>
>>1726082
Chase fucked me over big time.
It was my first credit card and I bough a laptop i needed for college. I forgot to make the THIRD payment on time. They jacked up my interest rate to 27.99%, saying the increased rate would drop off after a year of on-time payments.
I made every single payment after that, and when a year passed, circa 2008, they said that, bc of the recession, they were not lowering rates for anyone. I ended up with that APR for 3 more years after that.
Chase lied to me, didn't give me a real chance to be forgiven for my mistake, and for that I will never use them again.
I am incredibly happly with my credit union and low car loan rate.
>>
>>1726154
Here's a pro-tip. If you're paying interest on a credit card you are doing it wrong. There is zero benefit in doing so.
>>
>>1726167
No duh. How many 18 year Olds are taken advantage of, though, by predatory banks? I'm one. Now I know better, but I have never seen a credit union act in the same cutthroat way.
>>
>>1726006
CPA here. If you use a credit union for your own personal finances, fine. But got damn I hate every mother fucker who uses one for business. They have huge problems syncing with QuickBooks, their online software is terrible (they all use the same platform), it looks awful, the statements look awful and don't put ending balances at the top, don't separate debits from credits, etc etc.
>>
>>1726217
Ah well good on you m8. Yea the amount of misinformation spewed is sickening. People actually believe you have to pay interest to build credit on a CC.
>>
>>1726023
>Though it blows due to limited location,

That is true but there is an organization that credit unions sometimes join that allow members of one credit union use the services of another credit union without any fees. I have not done business with a commercial bank in nearly 20 years and haven't encountered any problems.

The only problem I've really had is that because my credit union no longer has a presence in the city I live, I cannot wire money. I suspect that most people don't wire money (I most certainly do not because I am too cheap to pay the $20 or so for the wiring fees) ACH transfers and personal checks are no problem.
>>
>>1726085

Major banks like Chase, Wells Fargo, USBank, and BofA will crash first.

Credit unions operate under far more conservative rules as far as what they can and can't do.
>>
I have no experience with banks/credit unions but im 18 in DEP how do these accs work can you only get money on your acc by direct deposit and is there any fees for having/ opening an acc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.