[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Is paying for life insurance a good investment or am i being scammed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480476508551.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480476508551.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
Is paying for life insurance a good investment or am i being scammed?
>>
Term life is fine if you've got a wife or kids, otherwise there's no point to having it

Whole life plans are full blown cucking yourself
>>
>>1720760
What about health insurance?
>>
>>1720798

Health insurance or long term care insurance?

t. 20 year term policies for wife and myself. It's to protect our ability to retire early.

Whole life is a complete fucking scam. The best indication of this is how large of a chub your term life agent gets when you even whisper """whole life"""".
>>
>>1720741
Okay so a policy that only works if you are dead.

This benefits you how? It pays your beneficiaries? How do you know? You're fucking dead, bitch
>>
>>1720760

This.

If you have a wife and kids that would be fucked if you died, then yeah it's a good idea.

Otherwise, no point.

Ideally if you're married with kids you have put away at least $100k and paid off a large part of your home. So your family can rely on that in the event of death.
>>
>>1720741
"Gee, I sure hope I die soon so that the premiums I'm paying are less than the payout in the event of my death"

"Gee, I sure hope I die soon, but not within two years because then the insurance company just eats your premiums with no payout"

Why bet against your own life, with a giant team of actuaries and risk calculators on the other side of that bet that will statistically make more money off of you than they give you?
>>
>>1720741
Insurance is never a good investment. It should always lose you money and you should always hope it's a ripoff. It's there to avert catastrophic and unexpected losses.

From there you simply figure out how much you are willing to lose in order to mitigate the risk of catastrophe.
>>
>>1720741
dirt is dirt. do you want to look fancy in dirt or average? its a dumb question.

401k is a better investment.
>>
>>1720866

Because people depend on you and your shared dream shouldn't come crashing to a halt just because some idiot DUI'd into you on the way to work.

Look, it makes no sense if it's just you. But if you have a wife, and especially if you have kids, it makes sense if you want their life to continue OK without you. It's really not that expensive. My wife and I each bought $500K policies on each other 10 years ago. They premiums are about $60 / month for each of us. We still have 10 years left. Either of us would be fine now if the other passed.

It's not an investment. It's a hedge.
>>
>>1720760
Term life , haha
Good luck accumulating cash value on your investmemt when things go south. But only invest in life insurance if you have equity. Its pointless otherwise
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.